Tail bag recommendations?

dekaliber

Wondering if you guys have any suggestions for a good tail bag for the FZ6R. (Tried searching but "bag" is a short word that gets filtered out so as a result I get a lot of irrelevant results.)

Thinking about something like this:
Cortech Sport Tail Bag Black from SportbikeTrackGear.com

Basically I just need it to be big enough to fit some armored riding pants, gloves, a fleece for colder weather, and maybe a pair of dress shoes. I'm going to be using it mostly to commute to work. I tried using a smaller backpack and while my work clothes fit fine, it was a big of a struggle to jam all of my riding gear in there once I had to change out.

A fairly important consideration is something easily removable/installable so I can bring it into the office and strap it back on the bike without too much hassle.

Something that won't look horribly out of place on a sporty-looking bike would be nice too. :)

Thanks!

Chucker

I've got one of these from Gears Canada. It is a combo tank/tail bag. Expands, the magnets detach, has backpack straps. Works well and gives you the option of switching it to your tank if you have a passenger.

Attachments

CrazyCawi

UNO has an incredible one for sale very cheap! pick his up its in the for sale section! one of the best soft cases out there!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

cmikew2

I have had the Cortech sport tail bag for two weeks now and I love it. I bought it from sportbiketrack as well. Personally I installed it with the bungees going under the rear seat and put a little luggage lock on the zipper so if someone wants to take it or its's contents they will have to use a knife. Not to terribly secure but better that just a bungeed tail bag were someone can pop two clips and be on their merry way with your gloves and rain gear. Which FYI I rode home(20 minutes) in a monsoon last night and the rain cover worked as advertised the bag was totally dry when I took off the rain cover. Whatever you go with I would stick with something with matching saddle bags that you like in-case you ever want to step up you luggage setup. Unfortunately I picked up a sweet deal on newenough on some fieldsheer saddle bags when I first got the bike but later when I wanted a tail bag there was no matching tail bag since the deal was because the model was discontinued. IMO the Cortech and fieldsheer setup doesn't look that bad though. The biggest issue is the clips aren't compatible. The Cortech sport saddle bags are pretty sweet though, so you would be fine with the Cortech tail bag cause I doubt they will cancel this line anytime soon. It seems pretty popular.

Last edited: