swingarm stand - help

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

stormrat

I put mine up on both front and back stand. I think they are worth it as you can work on bike, clean tires easier, more sturdy when up and great for winter storage. I recommend both if ya got the greens:) What I don't like about FZ6R is no spools to have that confident lift and hang.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

stormrat

Hope you can keep an eye on craigslist dot com for the front stand, maybe haggle out a decent deal, best thing I ever did was get lifts I use em all the time.

Flipflash

Elite Member

RoadTrip

I got the vortex rear stand and a pitbull front stand.

I don't use spools (neither on the FZ6R or GSXR), I just lift from the bottom of the swingarm on both.

I do put the rear stand in back of bike ready to go, then put kickstand on a scrap 2x8 piece of wood (flat obviously) so bike is almost vertical, and steady bike from rear, then line up the stand and lift the bike (just gotta have balls and trust it, bike will be fine). but, be careful, the bike almost tipped over one time before I got it lifted, but I grabbed the tail and saved it.

Do rear first, then front stand second if you want (and front down first when lowering), no front chock is needed for rear stand only, it is very stable once lifted. I just use em to clean wheels and chain, was gonna use the stands to pull wheels and drop em off to save a few bucks, but decided to just keep paying the extra $20 to have a mechanic do all the work.

Last edited:

KeysRider3

Chock the front. It's not so much for lifting, but putting the rear wheel down again as the bike will tend to roll forward for the same reason it rolls backward when you're lifting.