Super FZ6R in 2011

joloy133

Just in case you haven't been following, Yamaha has the FZ 8 coming to europe. It's the best of the fz6 and our fz6r and then some, in a 779cc package. 2011 Yamaha FZ8

Last edited:

fz6rwolf

yep, looks good.

zig308

I like it but why wouldn't I just upgrade to the FZ1 instead if I was thinking about moving up from the FZ6R?

I can't imagine there would be that big of a price difference?

MikeN02

I like it but why wouldn't I just upgrade to the FZ1 instead if I was thinking about moving up from the FZ6R?

This is true, but I still would never have that much power in my life... I don't need it, R6 would be enough for me.

Newmason

Fugly! Looks like a wrecked 6r with out the farings. I bet its fast though :) Sure would like to see a windshield on it though

Superfly

Is this going to replace the 600cc models in Europe and in the North American market??

The bike looks good but I have to say that I like the full fairing better on ours. And I'm prob the only one but I wouldnt change out my exhaust for any of the side pipes that I've seen...I like the stock look of our exhaust...That big side pipe looks bulky and in the way...

I do like the rear foot rests, gold rims, smaller signals, rear fender hugger

But i dont like: no windshield, rad exposed, big exhaust pipe, handle bar mirrors

I bet its alot more money than the 6r is too...

MikeN02

Is this going to replace the 600cc models in Europe and in the North American market??

The bike looks good but I have to say that I like the full fairing better on ours. And I'm prob the only one but I wouldnt change out my exhaust for any of the side pipes that I've seen...I like the stock look of our exhaust...That big side pipe looks bulky and in the way...

I do like the rear foot rests, gold rims, smaller signals, rear fender hugger

But i dont like: no windshield, rad exposed, big exhaust pipe, handle bar mirrors

I bet its alot more money than the 6r is too...
I like the side pipe look but the midship is more comfortable, I haven't burned my leg on it! The R6 headers on our bike just looks a little odd to me as the fairing doesn't cover the bottom all the way, giving it a semi naked look which I don't really like but it bothers me to that extent.

That exhaust is bulky... I like the smaller side exhausts. Pegs look like our stock pegs, but I do like the metal bracket that is supporting it and I'm not that excited about the taillight... I like ours better.

I'm not a fan of street fighters, I kind of classify them as cruisers as well, the look just throws me off. I just like my bike to have a ton of plastics, unlike my women.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

zig308

I agree about the windshield. I wouldn't buy it without an FZ1 like windshield on it. I think the one on our FZ6R's should be a bit bigger or just come with the double-bubble instead.

I like the swing arm better on the FZ8 too. It even has a "power crystal" !

joloy133

Its the design of engine and power delivery. It states that in maintains good torque at low rpms but with better top end performance also. The US version would come in 2012 with fairing or half fairing to compete with the Kawasaki Z1000 I reckon, if they follow suit. (First XJ6 euro then FZ6R US). Guess we'll wait and see, that's when I'll consider an upgrade with some miles and more experience under my belt. (knock, knock)

Superfly

I'm surprised they spec'd ABS brakes but non-adjustable front forks...then again how many buyers actually have a clue when it comes to suspension tuning...

Back to the black rad totally exposed...you know how hard it is to keep your rad looking clean after you've driven a mile in some water. Try to get road grime off that sucker:(

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Just an FYI... Admin has a sister-site for this new bike. Yamaha FZ8 Forum Community and we've got pics, specs and stuff over there.

The bike is to fill a void in their market, a bike class they were not competing in and losing sales to. This bike is based totally on the FZ1 by using the same frame, engine block, swingarm and subframe.

North America will likely not see this bike this year but perhaps in 2011, the faired version (much like the FZ1 faired bike) will make a debut.

The FZ6 is no longer produced with the FZ6R and XJ6 filling the 600cc class.

pyrocpu

Next bike for me would probably be something along the lines of a Monster 1100/Speed Triple sort of a bike...

:D

JonKerr

Elite Member

yellowFZ6r

Really the only two things I like about it more so than the 6R is the "power crystal" is actually functional and the white Tachometer!! I think the white Tachometer looks sharp for some reason!

yfz6r

Its looking like this bike will replace the FZ1 and not the fz6r. Hopefully Yamaha comes out with a different type of 1000cc sport tourer like a fz1r.