Summer Jacket

FZ6R66

I live in Florida and just purchased a bike. I need to get a jacket for warm weather that will also have a rain liner in it. I like the Mesh style. I was considering the AGV Sport Veloce Jacket, Joe Rocket Phoenix 5.0, Icon Overlord Textile and Cortech GX Air 2. What are the thoughts on this or any other jackets to consider?

TokenSSDD

A friend of mine recommended the Scorpion Tornado jacket which he apparently just picked up. He said its pretty nice. Dunno if its considered a summer jacket though.

raybob

I got an Alpinestars "stunt" on closeout, Motorcycle Superstore I think. A textile, with a zip out liner, and armor (although I wouldn't call the back pad armor, more like a gel pad). With the liner out, I get a lot of air which in northern Alabama is a good thing. You may stay just a bit cooler on the coast in Jacksonville.

For cooler weather, I wear an old Vanson 'A' (25 years old, not that old to me, prolly is ancient to you young whippersnappers, it's younger than my Bates, but I don't fit in the Bates anymore).

Bob

oldtouring b

Floridian also

I found a Scorpion mesh on eBay for $49. Great jacket. Which ever one you choose make sure it has 90% mesh. You might buy a cooling vest also. When I stop for a break, I wet it down and then ask if I can but it in the ice cooler. Helps a great deal with the humidity. Give new enough a look--great people and very good selection. Good luck.. OH Firstgear makes a mesh tex that is 100% mesh. Very nice..

AngryAnt

My last jacket was a tour master intake 2, but it was no where near cool enough for the southern heat. I replaced it with a Phoenix 5 and really, really like it. I wore it every ride through the hottest days of the summer.

Merc250r

I got a leather sedici jacket well ventilated works good. The reason I recommend leather is because of all the bugs we have easier to wipe off IMO

jccity6

I have 2- Teknic Supervent= nice breathability with good armor and good fit.
Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0= even better armor and VERY breathable with a very tough back plate. Has portions that zip off/on that make it from textile to mesh. The new model is the 3.0 but I still see the 2.0 on clearance for like 150-165 bucks!
Both have zip in or velcro in waterproof liner also
good luck
JC

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

elpasofz6r

Sumer jacket

I have the Joe rocket mil spec has a liner. Works good for me as I have to wear a reflective vest when riding.

cmikew2

I have the Teknic Supervent Mesh Jacket as well. Hawaii is obviously warm year round and quite rainy in the middle of the island where I work. I commute everyday with this jacket, I have the white/grey one, and I love it. The fit is awesome and as stated before it's got great armor for a mesh jacket. Here's a good video review of it-
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XjxD6VAlj8]TEKNIC Supervent Mesh Jacket Review from Sportbiketrackgear - YouTube[/ame]

I'm guessing you guys are wearing the jackets without the liners in them?

I'm stuck between the Rev'it Phoenix and the Teknic Supervent jacket.

They both look so good!

iSpoolin

I will never trust my body to Mesh. Sorry.

I reccomend the Icon ARC jacket. Half leather half mesh with some large vents. I've rode in it in 100 degree weather and never sweated as long as I was moving.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Alex6

I will never trust my body to Mesh. Sorry.

I reccomend the Icon ARC jacket. Half leather half mesh with some large vents. I've rode in it in 100 degree weather and never sweated as long as I was moving.
And so is Cortech GX Air Series 2 Jacket. Great jacket and is on sale now. Good looking, sporty and with the leather in the right places.

... and Cortech is a better quality than Icon.

Last edited:

I was under the impression that Rev'It makes quality stuff and uses high abrasion resistant material. No one here has used their summer jackets?