Sturgis anyone?

husker525

I am headed up to Sturgis for the first time with my 2009 FZ6R Show and Go bike. I will be arriving the 5th of August, and may be coming back around the 15th of August.

There is a group of slightly older gentlemen (70+) on their cruisers from Maryland that want to tour the Black Hills/Mt Rushmore area. I grew up in the area so I am their tour guide.

If anyone is going, feel free to email me [email protected], it comes right to my phone. We can all hook up for a ride, or an adult beverage.

JonKerr

Elite Member

husker525

I live about 6 hours away, and my bike will be trailered the entire way! Call me a wimp, call me whatever you will, but the weather on the plains this time of year can be brutal on a bike! Have you seen the size of a Wyoming grasshopper in August? It looks like a Blackhawk helicopter coming at you....lol

JonKerr

Elite Member

J.J.

I have not gone but my co-worker is on her way to her 11th event. She drives her Harley all the way from Vermont & takes 3 weeks off. She is a hardcore rider, goes to Key West, Daytona, the Washington DC rally, Lake George & been to all the states excluding Texas, Oklahoma, Hawaii & Alaska. Its insane! She puts aroung 25k+ a year on. This year she is on a 2010 Road King Classic.

Yellow09FZ6R

Will be there the 12th and the 13th maybe the 14th. I got a yellow one with a seat cowl, undertail and flushmount fronts. Will be wearing a black helmet with yellow stars if you see me! Maybe we can swap number and try to meet at some point in time.

husker525

Just got back from my first Sturgis trip, and all I can say is WOW!!! For those of you that have never been there, I will try to describe it.

1000's and I mean 1000's of bikes, EVERYWHERE!! I have never seen so many bikes in one place at one time. I saw about 40% of people actually wearing helmets, or some kind of protective gear. About 20%, probably more, at night, were tanked, while trying to ride. I saw more law enforcement than at a state academy. If you got stopped in Sturgis, you were an idiot, because you had to do a lot to draw all the attention to yourself...lol

I was one of about 50 rockets that I saw. Of course, this is primarily a HD event, so it is understandable. I saw about 15 bike wrecks, most of which were the bikes fault. (drunk, going off the edge of cliffs, driving on the wrong side of the road, and my favorite, azz ending other bikes at intersections)

I rode the typical Mt Rushmore, Needles, Crazy Horse, Spearfish Canyon, Devil's Tower, kind of thing.

I rode the bike inside the Broken Spoke Saloon, and got rave reviews from yes, the HD owners!! Here is are some random pics. The half nude girls all wanted rides on my FZ6R, and of course, I could not say no....lol

And another young lady who wanted a "night ride" ....

And another who rode to Mt Rushmore with me.....

Downtown Sturgis, a

nd of course, I had to jump on the Amsoil banner...

And a woman at a stoplight that said my bike was cool, so I took a picture of her on her pink Harley....

And my favorite sport rider clown....full tuck, no gear, 35 mph for over 10 miles like this....(taken from inside my truck on my way to the campground)

The new HyperPro springs worked excellent in the Needles and Mt Rushmore twisties. Riding at 3000' elevation from my 6000' elevation showed a considerable increase in power, and the bike was awesome to carve and cruise.

While I was there, I got to see Eddie Money, .38 Special, Great White, Dokken, and Kid Rock.....I was in heaven....lol