Stuck...screw you winds

CrazyCawi

Soooo the wife and I got into it a little before we went out on a ride so our ride got delayed by about 3 hours...well we decided to go to brained which is 100 miles north of us roughly. Sunny sky's...beautiful out. Get done eating at poncho and leftys(famous Mexican eatery) and when we went outside it was super windy. Figured we best head home...crossed the bridge and our bike almost flipped from the wind. Drove five more miles and the wife said it's not worth the risk....33mph winds from a storm in southern mn that rolled through. Now were stuck here says winds should let up around midnight. Were sitting at Starbucks right now.. We camped out roadside for an hour and got cold....I'm soooo not cool with this. Granted we won't forget it...but this sucks.

CrazyCawi

The wife and I are two up. It was so scary I really thought we were going down. We tucked in tight and it didn't matter

Mr Citrus

The wife and I are two up. It was so scary I really thought we were going down. We tucked in tight and it didn't matter
Guess you're stuck talking to us all night:p
or the wife.:rolleyes:

JSP

Super Moderator
Dang! Yeah, super heavy winds can be a bitch! Be careful!

CrazyCawi

Lol hence me on tapatalk. Well she wants to try again after 3 hours of waiting winds are down to 23 mph...fml here we go.

JSP

Super Moderator
Lol hence me on tapatalk. Well she wants to try again after 3 hours of waiting winds are down to 23 mph...fml here we go.

GOOD LUCK! Be careful and go sloooooow if you have to!

CrazyCawi

Made it home safe....just got home about 10 minutes ago. It was rough.

Deputyfarva252

Glad you made it home alright , i tried to ride one day with 30 mph + winds and hit a gust in a corner and it made the back tire skip to the right and i about lost it

Insure Gal

If you lived where I live you would probably never ride

yea it can freak you out but just remember look furhter down the road when confronted with wind and it helps quite a bit.

just relax as much as possible and you will react as you need to with gusts moving you across the road.
we always ride closest to the wind in the lane so we have room for buffeting.
ie road cross wind from left ride close to line
gusts from the shoulder across the road ride closer to shoulder.:canada::thumbup::)

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member