Storing bike on swingarm stand

Chucker

I see quite a few pictures of bikes on swingarm stands that are not being worked on. Are the swingarm stands stable enough for storage? I worry that the bike could roll forward off the stand if bumped. I just got my stand and will use it whenever the bike's in the garage if it's safe enough.

iSpoolin

My bike sat on my stands for 4 months in my shed.

Chucker

I don't have a fork stand, but I guess if you chocked the front wheel and the rear stand wheels it would be pretty hard for it to roll off. See, I just needed to start to discuss it and it starts to become clear. Funny how that works.

JSP

Super Moderator
It is recommended to store the bike on stands... Otherwise if sitting for long periods of time, your tires can develop flat spots. If you cant store on stands, make sure you move the bike to allow it to sit on a different part of the tire every once in a while.

And yeah Spoolin!!! whats up with those tires man :D Sure hope you are just waiting to get them to the dump! :eek:

ajskillz13

I have a cheap rear stand and there is no chance of the bike moving unless you really push it... which would be no different from the side stand. I put it on every time now just because it looks better and takes up less space in the garage.

I just move the bike forwards or back maybe once a week or two when stored for winter to keep from flat spots. (even though it's said this won't happen)

CrazyCawi

thats funny spoolin never commented back about those tires ;)