Started to add mods

NeoTericJM

Okay so I have had my bike brand new since 2010 and am now financially stable enough to start modding up my bike so I will post the pictures of the work I am doing throughout the next few weeks. Right now I added LEDs to the front of the head light. I got some wheel tape and a tank pad. These are just the things that I got in stores. I currently have on order an HID kit, Flush Mount Turn Signals, and ZX6R Mirrors. Next week I will be ordering my Two Bros Exhaust, a Racing Windscreen, Fender Eliminator. More to come after those are out of the way.

iu15.jpg

weo5.jpg

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

WeatherB

Looking good... I tried the ZX6R (OEM Kawasaki) mirrors and they would interfere with the handlebars! The handlebars would hit the mirrors close to full lock in either direction.

NeoTericJM

The most current update. Got my Flush Mount Turn Signals today.
09 14 Yamaha FZ6R Flush Mount LED Turn Signals Kit Dual Circuit w Resistors | eBay
Those were my choice and they were perfect. Cheaper than protons and super easy to install. Took maybe 20 minutes with smoke breaks. Same connectors as OEM turn signals so they are running lights and have resistor so that it steadies the blinking at same speed.

Here is New and Old one mounted
9qaf.jpg

Here is the After results
8z91.jpg

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

NeoTericJM

Here is the custom fender eliminator. I have licenses plate bolts with LEDs in them for the light and the turn signals are amber 12inch strip of LEDs. I also removed the handle around the back seat. I was very surprised as to how heavy it was.

p5hk.jpg

Here are the LED turn signals at night.
lko4.jpg

Last edited:

latony007

did you put turn strips around the headlight? are they visible when the headlight is on?

does the stock tape that came with the bike reflect? If it does I have never noticed it before.

NeoTericJM

The LEDs around the headlight are not integrated into turn signals. Because they are white I was not sure what laws are for flashing lights that are not amber. I can at any point wire them into the turn signals though. Right now they are wired to a switch I bought at autozone and then that is wired to the battery. Yes they are very visible with the headlight on. Especially because I have not added the HID which will be here tomorrow. It looks kind of retarded having the stock color with LEDs around the headlight but that will change tomorrow.

I am not sure about the stock being reflective. the 2009 did not come with any so it is aftermarket. You can tell very well that it is reflective at night when a car light shines on it or anything. Looks highspeed.

NeoTericJM

I just bought the Two Bros Black series carbon fiber for my bike. Should be here next tuesday. Before I get into the instal ar ethere any tools I should get ahold of that do not come in our kits? I am in single soldier housing and do not have all my tools with me so I am trying to prepare. I am thinking a torque wrench?

I also got my HID installed yesterday. Here are the pictures. A Xentech 10000k bulb.
5iiq.jpg
4sz3.jpg

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

NeoTericJM

Yeah I am going to get a 6000k and just swap in and out eventually. the 10 is just for show right now. I like the look therefore its only a cosmetic thing.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

NeoTericJM

At some point I will retrofit my bike. Now that I have the money I am doing everything I can to the bike. Been waiting to long to start modding my bike.

knightmare

At some point I will retrofit my bike. Now that I have the money I am doing everything I can to the bike. Been waiting to long to start modding my bike.

Nice.... The hardest part is to get the funds for the mods... Do it while u can brother....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk