Stands

KADO

I was thinking about buying some stands for the bike but there are so many too choose from. I was thinking about buying some pitbull stands. Anybody have any input or suggestions?

cbzdel

I got mine from harbor freight, couldn't be any happier, plus my wallet was still full enough to take the woman out for a night on the town :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I bought the Pit Posse front and rear stands and love them! They are super easy to use and seem extremely sturdy and well built. :thumbup:

rleckert

I got mine from harbor freight, couldn't be any happier, plus my wallet was still full enough to take the woman out for a night on the town :thumbup:
I have the HF stands as well, although have not used them yet. I believe in an earlier thred someone mentioned they didn't think the HF were very stable in the front, or weren't sure how to install them. Have you had any experience with this? Thanks.

JSP

Super Moderator
I ordered the Harbor Freight rear stand. Still haven't received it yet though :mad:

Hopefully it will show up tomorrow so I can test it out.

btastarsky

As long as you can adjust the stand to fit your swingarms, it probably doesn't matter who you buy. Just remember that the stand is for putting the bike up and down, not for carting it around your garage. I have the HF stand. Haven't used it yet, but the build quality appears good from what I can see.

cbzdel

I used the HF stand on the font and it was stable enough, its not really ment to be used just in the front though because if it bump it the front wheel may want to turn and it could make the bike fall over..

I lifed the front just to put on my wheel stripes and it was good, I was not able to lift or lower it by myself though.

Roaddawg

I have the HF one and have used it many times with no complaints. Haven't used the front adapters yet, but have put the back up numerous times for chain maintainance, etc... I've sat on the bike while on the stands while adjusting the handlebars and its been stable. I say save youe money and buy the HF one....use the money you save on other mods.;)

KADO

Thanks for all the inputs.

Yone

I just ordered the BikTek Series 3 stand set from Fly'n'Cycle. Hope they're good, because they were sure at a good price!

FitZ6R

I just ordered the BikTek Series 3 stand set from Fly'n'Cycle. Hope they're good, because they were sure at a good price!
Bumpin' the thread, because I'm wondering if you received the stands and how you like them.

OTTF

I ended up with the Pit Posse stands like a few others here and they have worked out great. The nice thing about these is you have the option of using the frame or sliders to lift up the rear and they are solidly built.

The other nice feature is the rear stand has plenty of rubber protection on both the ends which you use to lift the bike were you will not end up scratching any of the paint. These were a little more expensive than the others which are offered but worth the money invested.

Yone

Bumpin' the thread, because I'm wondering if you received the stands and how you like them.
I did receive them...actually pretty quickly. They were super easy to assemble and seem sturdy. I had to modify the rear stand brackets because they didn't initially spread wide enough - All I had to do though was cut about an inch of the thick rubber protective coating on each bracket to allow it to adjust wider. I haven't had a chance to actually lift up the bike yet, though, because I'm too scared to do it by myself... (Don't want it toppling over!)

Yone

Well, the stands work great! I finally just went and stood it up by myself...and it was a piece of cake. No threat of toppling over at all :thumbup:

itsmejaytee

noob question

So i am looking forward to my 600 mile mark and i want to clean and lube my chain. where exactly would i mount the stands??

do i need any additional pieces installed on the bike? (not sure what they are called but i have seen like these arms that are rubberized that can also act as a lifting point)

FitZ6R

do i need any additional pieces installed on the bike? (not sure what they are called but i have seen like these arms that are rubberized that can also act as a lifting point)
Some rear stands require add-on swingarm spools, some don't, some are convertible for either. I just got a GPI Industries stand set (front & rear stands, work with or without spools) and I've very happy with them. I'll post a detailed review in a bit.

BTW, 600 miles is a long way to go without lubing the chain.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, my mistake.
I was just razzing on ya. I try to do mine around 500, cuz it's easier to keep track of instead of every 600. :D