Stands totally necessary for winter storage?

dekaliber

The whole point of having your motorcycle on stands in the winter is to avoid potential flat-spots on the tires, right?

As an alternative, I was just thinking of putting them on 2x12s so that they're not directly sitting on the garage floor. I have an attached garage that never gets much below 40°. I already have the battery tender plugged in and the fuel Stabiled.

JSP

Super Moderator
No... Just roll the bike to a little different spot every couple weeks. Gives you that needed touchy feely time with it too ;)

dekaliber

Good deal. That's what I did with my car when I stored it last winter. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other consideration that was unique with bikes like the suspension or something.

JSP

Super Moderator
Good deal. That's what I did with my car when I stored it last winter. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other consideration that was unique with bikes like the suspension or something.
Nope ;) .

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

I put mine on stands but that's just because i have them honestly. I bought them for maintnence reasons, but they do come in handy for winter as well.