Spring Start up

Stephenfz6r

I filled the gas tank last November and parked the bike in my heated outbuilding. No battery tender or fuel stabilizer. Yesterday I cycled the ignition on twice and the bike stated like a charm. I let it run till it reached 100 degrees Celsius, changed the oil (Mobil 1 for Motorcycles from Walmart) and adjusted the tire pressure. Rode to work this morning at 8000rpm, everything was perfect except the minus 1 degree outside temp. Warmer days are forecast for next week;:wav: Yippee!

Chucker

I'm not surprised. I have mine in an unheated garage and it sat for a couple of months, mostly in sub-freezing temps before I got a battery tender. When I connected it, it went directly to maintenance mode. I expected it would charge for a while first.

Having said that, I don't expect that will be the same scenario in the future as the bike and battery gets older.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Stephenfz6r

Glad you were able to dig your way out of all that white stuff!! :D I pick on my brother who is in Prince George. It's a lot of work!
We haven't had any snow for a while and what we had over the winter is nearly gone. There is a storm forecast for today but it seems like it will be rain here. Looks like N.E of the U.S is going to get snow. Anyways it will help wash away all the dirt from the winter.:D