Southern Ontario Group Ride?

lesh24

Would love to come but im still breaking in the bike and dont wanna be tempted to much to give it....uggg.....but as im down for the next one once
I get over 1000k and my first service!

Bigevildoer

Would love to come but im still breaking in the bike and dont wanna be tempted to much to give it....uggg.....but as im down for the next one once
I get over 1000k and my first service!
Well come on out anyways - not like we're really going to be "givin 'er hell" or anything like that. Just a bunch of us showing up, saying hello and going for a leisurely ride....

We have to consider that there are different levels of riders who will be along, right? Worst thing to do would be to make a novice rider feel like he has to keep up with experienced riders - that's just plain dangerous.

So, I hope you'll still show up, even if it is just to say hello. I'm relatively certain all the roads we're hitting will be 80km/h limits with the exception of maybe a short jaunt down the 401.. nothing too extreme even for an engine that's being broken in.

Take care, and hope to see you out on Sunday!

T.

FZ6Raven

Well come on out anyways - not like we're really going to be "givin 'er hell" or anything like that. Just a bunch of us showing up, saying hello and going for a leisurely ride....

We have to consider that there are different levels of riders who will be along, right? Worst thing to do would be to make a novice rider feel like he has to keep up with experienced riders - that's just plain dangerous.

So, I hope you'll still show up, even if it is just to say hello. I'm relatively certain all the roads we're hitting will be 80km/h limits with the exception of maybe a short jaunt down the 401.. nothing too extreme even for an engine that's being broken in.

Take care, and hope to see you out on Sunday!

T.
Exactly what he said. Personally when I go out for a ride alone I am a little more aggressive but with a big group i'd rather take it easy especially with people with different experience. "leisurely" is probably the best word to describe it. Definitely come out anyways. The more the merrier!!

Superfly

Dont feel bad about beating on your new bike...most of the break-in is within the first 100km anyways...so after day one or two you're pretty much good to go...and most of the roads are 80km/hr so you're not going to be pounding on it if you dont want to...besides group rides aren't about racing...they're about cruisin!!!

on a side note I changed my oil and filter at 150km and I'm very happy I did. Tons of metal particles...

Bigevildoer

FZ6Raven

Sounds good to me... But don't you worry... Everything will be all right!
Don't listen to that superfly character, he's nothin but trouble! :sinister:

Bikegirl88

I am watching the forecast with interest. Does not look good now for Sunday with 10C and possible rain. Lets hope this improves if not lets look for a rain date.

Bigevildoer

Sunday... 11 degrees C, 60% chance of rain. Blah.

Shall we pull the plug on this weekend if there's no change by tomorrow? I'd suggest Saturday the 24th as an alternate date.

Bikegirl88

Given the outlook for Sunday - I am out!

FZ6Raven

Toronto, Ontario - 7 Day Forecast - Environment Canada

Sunday looking like a sunny afternoon now...+13 is full weather gear riding but I went out on Thurs night till 10pm and it was like +5 in the dark so I'm not scared.

Let's get a show of hands if we're going to get together;)
I'm still in for a ride tomorrow... been riding throughout winter so I don't mind the cooler weather.
Plus I don't believe they are callin for rain anymore tomorrow (or very low chance)

Last edited:

Superfly

post in the am if you guys want to go riding...I think I'll prob head from vaughn over to brampton around noon...then head up hwy 10 towards Orangeville. A buddy of mine up there has a bike that needs some brake work that I said I'd help him with. Then who knows run the forks or hawkly valley...hope its nice out tomorrow :D

on second thought it looks like snow flurries up near orangeville...guess i'll take the car booooo :(

Last edited:
Too bad weather is not that great and hope to be able to make any planned FZ6R South Ontario group rides.

Not sure if a smaller ride geared more for biginner initially would be better to start the season or 1st meet so we can get everyone to come out.

Although maybe far for some I would like to recommend a scenic ride through burlington side roads (i.e Appleby, Guelph Line, and my favorite cedar springs to killbride).

Actually this is where I do my weekend rides so if you see a yellow fz6r with a big smile that is me:) I will be riding around 4pm today.

FZ6Raven

Well they called the rain off here. I'm itchin to go for a ride since I haven't been on it this weekend yet. Tell me where to meet and i'll be there! :p

FZ6Raven

Okay so obviously a ride for TODAY is out. Figure we should start planning out a new date for this event. I know bigevildoer mentioned NEXT SATURDAY and as of right now they are calling for 90% chance of rain.
Lets keep an eye on this and if the forcast changes we should definitely consider it!

Or if anyone else has an idea of when they think we should do it please throw in some suggestions!