Southern Ontario Group Ride?

Bigevildoer

Hey Everyone...

I've noticed that there are several (5+) FZ6R riders here in Southern Ontario, stretching from Toronto to London...

Anyone else think it might be fun to get a group ride out at some time?
Of course, if your significant other or friends have bikes, they'd be more than welcome too...

Thought it would be neat to get a bunch of the same bike out together!

Later!

Bigevildoer

FINALLY SOMEONE HAS THE RIGHT IDEA... lol I'M IN LETS GO RIGHT NOW! :p
Going right now wouldn't be out of the question at all - we're about 100km apart.. only thing is, I just finished a 710ml tall boy of beer. :iconbeer:
Beer + riding = squid on the pavement. :squid: :squid: :squid:

I'm thinking maybe Sunday, April 18th if anyone else is up for it. Gives us a week from today to plan it all out - meeting place etc etc.

At the moment, I'm thinking maybe the 401 and highway 25 in Milton... kind of in the middle for most people I think.

Later!

FZ6Raven

The 18th works for me... And to me it doesn't matter where we meet! I'm more interested in where we'd be goin

Bikegirl88

I would be interested. Is it exclusive to Fz6R riders or can non FZ6r riders attend???

Bigevildoer

Hey Patricia,

Of course, if your significant other or friends have bikes, they'd be more than welcome too...
So, anyone with a bike is more than welcome to attend of course (as long as it's not an E-bike -- 28 km/h would really be a pain :p )

Any suggestions as to where we'd want to go? You live in the Milton area, right? Anything cool with twisties up and around the escarpment at all?

Open to suggestions from anyone of course! I would suggest heading to the Harley Blues Café, but it's a long ways away... I usually hit it on the way up to the cottage in Wiarton.

Later!

Bikegirl88

I missed that important part.

FZ6Raven

I'd say lets treck it to HWY 507 but it's a little far from milton... not sure how many would be willin to make the trip. I think somethin like that would be better saved for summer sometime when its nice and warmer. I'm not too familiar with the milton area so I couldn't really give ya an suggestions if you're lookin for somewhere around there.

Superfly

I'd be in for a ride with fellow FZ6R's!!! Has anyone driven the "Forks of the Credit" off of HWY 10 just north of Brampton on the way to Orangeville? Thats a nice ride but kinda short. Also just north of Orangeville is the Hawkley valley road that is suppose to be good...

Dave

Bikegirl88

Perhaps ride through Erin, The Forks, Hockley, then back through to Terra Cotta and Acton.

Bigevildoer

I'd say lets treck it to HWY 507 but it's a little far from milton... not sure how many would be willin to make the trip. I think somethin like that would be better saved for summer sometime when its nice and warmer. I'm not too familiar with the milton area so I couldn't really give ya an suggestions if you're lookin for somewhere around there.
Highway 507? haven't heard of that one...
Milton's just west down the 401 from Toronto. If you're coming from downtown, just go W on the Gardiner, N on 427, W on 401, pass through Mississauga and Oakville - Voila, you're there! Probably a 35-45 minute ride from downtown depending on traffic.

Bigevildoer

Perhaps ride through Erin, The Forks, Hockley, then back through to Terra Cotta and Acton.
Sounds like that's the best one so far...

So, depending on weather (if it's raining, we can postpone), what time are we going to meet? I would suggest 1pm - temperature's warmed up by then. Would the Casey's parking lot at the corner of the 401 and Hwy 25 suit everyone?

At the moment, there are 4 of us who's said we're in plus maybe a hubby or friend etc. Might have my friend come along - waiting on delivery of his brand new Triumph Daytona 675).

Later!

FZ6Raven

Highway 507? haven't heard of that one...
HWY 507 (Buckhorn road) is located north of peterborough and it runs right up towards haliburton. Apparently one of the best roads in Ontario for motorcycles. I haven't been up there yet but im goin sometime this summer (gonna be buying a camera so I can film my experience) but you should definitely check out some of the videos on youtube!

FZ6Raven

Sounds like that's the best one so far...

So, depending on weather (if it's raining, we can postpone), what time are we going to meet? I would suggest 1pm - temperature's warmed up by then. Would the Casey's parking lot at the corner of the 401 and Hwy 25 suit everyone?

At the moment, there are 4 of us who's said we're in plus maybe a hubby or friend etc. Might have my friend come along - waiting on delivery of his brand new Triumph Daytona 675).

Later!
I'm in for that as well... 1pm sounds good and I believe as of right now they are callin for another good weekend. Hopefully that don't change and I don't trust theweathernetwork :banghead:

Superfly

That sounds like a good plan for me. I'll take the 407 from Concord pretty much the whole way unless I decide to take the back roads. I'll confirm closer to the date. I have a buddy or two that might come along. 996 ducati and a honda vfr. Here is to hoping for some sunshine:D

Jet A

Warning First post

What a better place to say "cheers" to the Canadians. Just picked up my new Black '09 FZ6R in Mar. 600+ km's already in about a month. Its my first bike, lovin it. Now if the weather would just co-operate.

It would be great to join you, but its a busy weekend for the fam.

Have a great time, Eh!

FZ6Raven

Warning First post

What a better place to say "cheers" to the Canadians. Just picked up my new Black '09 FZ6R in Mar. 600+ km's already in about a month. Its my first bike, lovin it. Now if the weather would just co-operate.

Have a great time, Eh!
Welcome! and congrats on the bike!! :thumbup: Hopefully you can make it out Sunday.. the more the merrier!!

Superfly

Warning First post

Have a great time, Eh!
Jet A? u a pilot in yyz?

M76

I can't make it this weekend, but I'd totally be up for a group ride in the future. Just to make sure though, I do have a pretty laid-back riding style (ie: within 10-20kms of the speed limit, etc..). The truth is that I'm still learning and only have about 1,000kms of experience under my belt...