sore palm

eashleighv9

:(Why do I get a sore external left palm while riding. I am relaxed, and only when I fully release my grip it goes away.Same when I am waiting for traffic lights pressing clut in first gear.I have tried three different pair of gloves, and nothing, two different bikes and nothing. Any advise?Ta.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Roaddawg

Looking at the title of this thread...I was a little hesitant at opening it up! :D My advice was going to be, "Get a girlfriend" :D

I've had the same issues as well and still haven't quite found a great solution yet. Some people have recommended "grip puppies". Here's me thread about them: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f96/grip-pupppies-19941/

and here is the website I purchased them from:
Grip Puppies - Motorcycle Parts and Accessories for the Sport Touring Enthusiast at Motorcycle Accessories from California Sport Touring, Inc.

I didn't quite like them, but maybe it would work for you like its worked for others. Just an idea.

elishatarvin

do u use 2 or 4 fingers when using the levers? whichever it is, try the other way and see what happens. maybe try getting some hand exercisers (basically just spring loaded handles u squeeze together) and maybe strengthen ur hand alittle bit. just some thoughts

tractorboy

Try to alternate your position by moving closer to the tank, press ur knees around it, and straighten ur back. This will ease the weight off ur hands.
Exactly what I was gonna suggest. Im bad for this to. Too much weight of your body on your hands holding you up vs using your lower body to grip the bike and "hold you up" its not all your hands hold up your weight. When I REMEMBER to do this......its not bad at all. I gotta learn to use my lower body more and grip the bike "down there" too.:D