Someone's got to kick this section off....

xplodnstar

Thanks for all the info...I checked out your pics...they're awesome! What brand shoes do you ride in? How long have you been riding? I'm looking forward to when I can take corners a little better / smoother / faster and make my u-turns smooth. I'm so new at this but am having a lot of fun! When I'm riding and women drive by in their cars, they get excited & sometimes give the thumbs-up...I'm just thinking, "Please don't let me do anything stupid right now!":D
Yeah, I feel for you on that one!

I've been riding for 3 years now, 35k miles or so. The skills will come. Just be patient and keep your head while riding. As soon as you start worrying and thinking about other things is when you forget something important and fall over.

I don't know which shoes you're referring to, but I've used the Icon SuperDuty II's and I now have some Frank Thomas ones. The Icons are good for stability as they are heavy and have a good thick tread, but I like the FT's now because they are more comfortable to walk in and I've been riding to more places and doing stuff. Both were under $80, so they were good deals.