SoCal Riding Scene

abyss1406

you know I normally ride up to Dana point starting from imperial beach. thatll add some miles to your bike

Z3roFlaw

you know I normally ride up to Dana point starting from imperial beach. thatll add some miles to your bike
How often do you make that ride? I did a google map search and it looks like 95% of that ride would be on the I-5. Unless you take a different route.

I currently only have about 1,300 miles on the bike and that is all around the town and commuting ~30 miles a day round trip from Huntington beach to Irvine for my work. So I'm really interested in doing some much longer rides for the experience and to get more seat time.

Z3roFlaw

I just realized that this thread is in the wrong section. Should really be under USA Pacific which encompasses California.

Not sure how to go about moving this or having a mod do so...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Z3roFlaw

I saw that too. I can flag the post so it can be moved to the correct location since I am not in charge of this thread.
Sweet! Thanks a lot for the help Scott. :)

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Kdubb223

Here are some of the rides I do. Let me know if you would like to join sometime Z3ro. Also I ride up to Malibu/Mullholland/Snake and Angeles Crest HWY 2.

1st Route is a short blast through Santiago Canyon and exit by Cooks Corner. ~32 miles round trip.

2nd Route is same but extra canyon then down to PCH. ~64 miles round trip.

3rd Route is 5 South to Ortega HWY ride to Elsinore then back. ~88 miles round trip.

Attachments

Z3roFlaw

Here are some of the rides I do. Let me know if you would like to join sometime Z3ro. Also I ride up to Malibu/Mullholland/Snake and Angeles Crest HWY 2.

1st Route is a short blast through Santiago Canyon and exit by Cooks Corner. ~32 miles round trip.

2nd Route is same but extra canyon then down to PCH. ~64 miles round trip.

3rd Route is 5 South to Ortega HWY ride to Elsinore then back. ~88 miles round trip.
All of those sound really fun. :)

Are all of those rides fairly noob friendly? I'm not sure what your riding experience is, but I'm guessing based on your album pics that you're a seasoned rider. Are you willing to go ride with someone that probably is going to be slower than you until my confidence/skill level has increased? :Sport:

One thing that has sort of kept me from doing the longer trips is because I'm sort of direction inept and I rely on my GPS in my cage a lot to get around lol. Unfortunately, on my bike, I can't use GPS (or at least as easily).

abyss1406

How often do you make that ride? I did a google map search and it looks like 95% of that ride would be on the I-5. Unless you take a different route.

I currently only have about 1,300 miles on the bike and that is all around the town and commuting ~30 miles a day round trip from Huntington beach to Irvine for my work. So I'm really interested in doing some much longer rides for the experience and to get more seat time.
Well, I start from, SR-75 to I-5 get off on Seaworld drive to Mission bay drive towards La jolla, la jolla to Historic 101 to encinitas to 1-5 north to dana point get on the Sr-1 to Newport beach or hunnington which ever i wanna go to

Kdubb223

All of those sound really fun. :)

Are all of those rides fairly noob friendly? I'm not sure what your riding experience is, but I'm guessing based on your album pics that you're a seasoned rider. Are you willing to go ride with someone that probably is going to be slower than you until my confidence/skill level has increased? :Sport:

One thing that has sort of kept me from doing the longer trips is because I'm sort of direction inept and I rely on my GPS in my cage a lot to get around lol. Unfortunately, on my bike, I can't use GPS (or at least as easily).
Ill ride with anybody! I usually ride with a small group of guys in my apartment complex... where I am the slowest guy :) You gotta start somewhere. So yeah I wanna get out and ride next weekend, since I didn't this time. Let me know if you're interested and we can cruise Santiago canyon. Easy ride.

Z3roFlaw

That sounds good with me! :)

I'm off on the weekends, and either day this coming weekend should be good.

I'll just need to figure out the meetup location and then I'll need to follow you (or whoever else tags along) since I've never been to that area and the whole, you know, being geographically inept issue lol.

blueslp7

I'm fairly noobish as well. I've been through Palos Verdes with a friend once, was pretty fun. It's not very long but that ocean view is sweet. I've got another friend that I think will take me through there if you're interested. As soon as I get my bike back next month that is.