So!

6R Blackout

Anyway I got a new rear tire about 3 months ago and came home from work the other day just to find thisImageUploadedByTapatalk1351435841.050685.jpg Bummer! So now since I have to get a new rear tire I am going to change the front cause it is close to the wear indicator mark and it has some cracking and dry rot. The front is the original tire, and my bike is an 09'. Anyway just wanted to share and say now I know how much it sucks especially when your tire is basically brand new!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

rpoole

im not an expert but i think you can plug it as long as its not on the sides. unless you go to the track or your just ballin $$$$$$ gd luck

6R Blackout

Yeah I have read on here and talked to people and it's a mix of fix, or just get a new one. I do need a new front tire, and I just don't trust the patch or plug at least for a streetbike tire. I would rather be safe than sorry. No I don't have alot of $$$$, but I do have some money set aside for those "rainy days". So it's not like it's really hurting me money wise but I would rather not have the screw in my tire in the first place.

BKP

Hate that...

Just put new tires on, as well... and this was actually on my mind...

On the subject... do most of you carry plug/inflation kits, in case it's a Sunday evening, and you find yourself up on an obscure mountain with a flat...

6R Blackout

No never thought to do it but I will sure look into a kit now! Atleast if I have a kit it will get me through. Thanks for putting that thought in my head I will research the kits right now!

rhnatyk

Barry ... yes, I carry a plug/inflation kit with me. I got it with the BMW K1200GT I had and kept it when I sold the bike. It contains a plugging tool, plugs, glue and three CO2 cartridges. It takes up very little space and provides a little piece of mind. I've never had to use it, but I've used similar kits on my car tires and they seem to work just fine for small nails.

JSP

Super Moderator
Ah! Sucks man!

06330i

Plug that old tire and keep it just incase, never know if you'll run into financial issues and need tires, you would have a decent one sitting right in your garage for ya!