So what's everybodys job?

sammy56

I should have been a professional hockey player, but I am trapped in the body of a piano playing accountant. Since I am in the over 40 crowd with a family to feed, I'm a proud CPA!

LB

Grayce

What Do You Do: Project Technician/Facilities Department - We plan it, fix it, build it, move snow from it, pave it, roof it, plant it, mow it, stripe it, pick up the trash, clean it, listen to people complain about it....for 18 years now...I'm glad I still have a job and there's something new happening every day.
Who Do You Work For: Reno-Tahoe Airport Authority
A Little Bit About The Company I work For: Managing Authority for the airport.

And, for us riders, our management gave motorcyclists free parking in the garage, complete with a special entrance whereby they cut the gate arms down in size, dedicated a "lane" to go around the arms at the entrance and exit so we don't have to pull tickets! One of the major reasons is our Street Vibrations events every year - and the amount of people getting bonked on the head with the gate arms :eek:

Great thread.

What Do You Do:Automotive Service Technician(grease monkey)
Who Do You Work For:Big M ford lincoln, a ford dealership
A Little Bit About The Company I work For:i work at a ford dealership, working on piece of shit oilfield trucks and droolin over the odd shelby that comes in.

MC#4

Hey looks like we have a few mechanics on here. :thumbup:

What do you do: I make the wheels on your car go round and round. (Mechanic) If it's part of your car and it's broke, I fix it.

Who do you work for Me, Myself and I, and my dad. We co-own the place.

I also stock shelves at walmart at nights. Bustin ass and savin up to buy a ZX-14 and get my own place. I hate working 2 jobs but I guess I love buying stuff more! :D

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Hoops 09Raven

What you do: Senior Code Officer

Who you work for: City of Riverside

A little about the company you work for: City of approx 250k, we enforce all of the city municipal codes, building codes, some fire and some VC codes.

Midnightroadie04

Elite Member

AFDavis11

What you do: Government Consultant and contractor, predominately in the training realm. I usually work in the training area, particularly intelligence training. I melded two careers, intelligence analysis and education and created a specific niche. I have worked for two major intelligence agencies and I've done a stint with the FBI.

Who you work for: Booz Allen Hamilton

A little about the company you work for: A conservative consulting firm, just went public a few months ago. The firm specializes in providing the government with it's cleared, high end, work force. We do not place bids on any work that is "lowest bidder" focused. If you want the lowest bidder, go for it, we'll be here to fix the work later. The company takes pretty good care of it's people, because technically, that is all they have. Unlike most other company's we don't make or sell anything (other than ourselves).

fz6rwolf

What you do: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, help people get back to doing the things they used to do after some type of medical issue, mostly seniors (cva, pnuemonia, onset of parkinsons,hip/knee replacement, etc) to hopefully get them functioning enough to go back home and live as best and happily as possible.

Who you work for: Therapy Resource Management

A little about the company you work for: based out of Mass providing SLP, PT and OT therapists mostly to skilled nursing facilities in Mass and RI, but in Mass also doing home care with in the works to do homecare here in RI.

I'm also retired after 23 yrs in the Navy where I was a Chief Master-at-Arms (military police)

CDN6R

Hey there Fz6rwolf,, There are times when I could use you as my knees are painful at times because of the steel/concrete floor I stood/walked on for 8 to 12 hour shifts at Michelin Tire.;)

HER2009

What you do: I provide post-award management oversight and reporting on all federal and private grants for a non-profit health care organization.

Who you work for: San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine (SDHIPM)

A little about the company you work for: San Diego Hospice and The Institute for Palliative Medicine is a non-profit, academic hospice and one of the largest hospices and palliative care programs in the United States. It is internationally recognized for its innovative education programs, patient/family-centered research and evidence-based advocacy. We help people facing life-limiting illnesses find comfort and relief from suffering and live the highest quality of life at end-of-life. It is an amazing organization.

em21701

What do you do: Senior Design Technician - I design, build and test aircraft circuit breakers.

Who do you work for: Sensata Technologies

A little about the company you work for: Our highly engineered devices satisfy the world’s growing need for safety, energy efficiency, and a clean environment. These are devices that improve safety, efficiency and comfort for millions of people every day and are used in automotive, appliance, aircraft, industrial, military, heavy vehicle, heating, air conditioning, data, telecommunications, recreational vehicle and marine applications.

dcBear78

What you do - I am a process technician and make Aluminium. I work at the pointy end of the operation where we cast the molten metal into our saleable billet and ingot products.
  • Pros - Get fairly well looked after by the company (free golf to the 3 local courses, free movie tickets, free gym membership, Xmas party, kids Xmas party with rides and gifts etc, mid-year piss up). Good pay (starts at about A$70k and goes up from there depending on service, experience & reviews). Good shift work roster (2 days, 2 nights, 4 days off - effectively only work 6 months of the year). Cover education costs if relevent to the organisation (I was doing a part time engineering degree on my days off. They paid all tuition, textbook and stationary costs).
  • Cons - Shift work (working while others are enjoying themselves sux. ie NYE or Xmas day). Hot, hot, hot, HOT did I mention the work if friggin hot?
Who you work for - Rio Tinto.I work at Boyne Smelters which is part of the Rio Tinto Alcan aluminium division.
A little about the company you work for - Rio is the 4th largest mining company in the world. Has dual head offices in London & Melbourne. Ranked 263 in Forbes Global 500. More detail can be found in the links.

BUT....

I am starting my own business as a finance broker. I have bought a franchise of Australia's 3rd largest broker. I will be up and running in the next couple weeks. Will start this business initially on my days off until income is enough to drop my regular job. I used to work in banks, and my previous job was a Bank Manager. Plus I really want to not work shift work and be my own boss.

JonKerr

Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

scionic-breeze

What do you do: I'm the Office Manager. Aside from being responsible for the office staff, I am also the supply planner, logistics scheduler, accounts payable and account receivable collections.

Who do you work for: Pepsi

Tell us a little bit about your company: I think it's self-explanatory, but I will mention I work for a franchised Pepsi Independent Bottler.

bigpish13

Well as many of you know I had a recent career change.

Who you work for
Kaiser Permanente San Diego As you can tell, I do truly believe in the company I work for and am passionate about my job and about providing patients the best care I/we can. I recently underwent major surgery with the assistant chief of our department. I feel that experience and the fact I've had my share of medical problems in the past really helps me to empathize with and understand where our patients are coming from and help me to provide the best care possible.

Hey man I also just got a job at Kaiser SD! :thumbup: I am an OR Nurse. I really like Kaiser and I hope to grow old here. It's the new building called Garfield Surgical Specialty. I help fix people who fail at their stunting moves. Actually, we don't get too many of those, thank God!

JonKerr

Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member