So what's everybodys job?

iSpoolin

(I used the search, but I didn't see any threads like this)

So i'm curious to see what my fellow FZ6R riders do for a living!

So if you would please post:

What you do
Who you work for
A little about the company you work for

I myself am a Mechanical Designer for Phillips Machine Service,
We build mining equipment, such as Shuttle Cars, Continuous Miners, Roof Bolters, and Feeders.

We are currently the only company to create a Diesel/Electric Shuttle car!

The car runs off a 6.7L twin turbocharged Cummings Engine! With a top speed (Before goverened for mine operation) of 55 MPH! (Man that was a fun ride haha)

Its definitely a good year for us right now, we're working major OT here in the engineering department to get all our designs done in time! I'm working 61-80 hours a week right now!

I'm not allowed to release full car models, but this is part of a car I just finished. All designed by me, This is where the operator of the car actually sits to control the machine. As you can see our models are very detailed :)

Untitled-5.png

Thanks for reading about my job guys and I look forward to hearing about yours!

Sparkxx1

What you do: I'm currently a Student(lower Junior) at The City College of New York working on my Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering.

Who you work for: I'm not working right now, but I was working for Delta Airlines for a bit as an aircraft mechanic. I got my certificates to work on airplanes at 17.:thumbup: Pays pretty good but I don't want to be turning a wrench forever.

A little about the company you work for: Don't work for anybody so I'll talk about my school. Technically it's ranked 33 in engineering schools in the country. Also, it should be in the top 10, it's so hard to graduate from here because they try to fail as many people as possible. Since I'm getting an amazing education for about 4k a year, they really make me work to stay in and ahead.

oyamyers

What I do: I am a Sign Language Interpreter.

Who I work for That depends on the time of year. Sometimes I work for colleges, sometimes I work for agencies.

Company? Can't really say because of how much I change employers. I can tell you that there is always work for interpreters and the best part is I can turn down work anytime I want.

Great question.

redprodigy35

What I do: Assistant Project Manager/Purchasing Manager for Construction.

Who I work for: General Contractors for Construction.

Company: Prefer not to say, but a GC in the NYC area w/ projects in NJ, PA, Long Island City, NYC, and NY State.

Ispoolin, is that your pc screen on a normal day of work? That looks way interesting and creative.

Last edited:

FitZ6R

iSpoolin, you have to design a way to incorporate that Panic Switch on your 6R!

CrazyCawi

What you do: Toyota Salesman/Lot whore
Full time student for accounting

Who you work for: St. Cloud Toyota & Scion, Minnesota

A little about the company you work for:
Well I always thought toyota was junk until I got the opportunity to work for my old boss. Still thought they were overpriced junk till I drove them. :eek: WOW were they amazing. The lack of road noise is virtually untouchable compared to other vehicles. The people I work with are amazing, very helpful. But the car business is slow right now, we own suzuki here in st cloud as well, and they arent selling much either. Idk whats going on :(

This was a great idea for a post and you all seem to have excellent jobs! Im jealous. Ill make 30-50k depending on how the year goes. Not the greatest form of income.

Cordoba78

What you do:
I'm a piano mover, we also do household moves but specialize in pianos

Who you work for:
The company is called James Enterprises Inc.

A little about the company you work for:
We are the only company in our city who specializes in pianos, we work for every piano store and we are the only ones they hire. The kicker is its still only a small, family owned company which is great, amazing atmosphere, the boss is only 27, I'm 25 and our third guy is 23 so we just end up shootin the shit all day. Love it there and the business is growing since my boss, the son of the old boss has taken over.

ChUcK

I'm a chemistry major at the University of Washington, no job here.

I used to maintain the chemical specs of the coolant of a submarine reactor plant, though. SSN-711.

CDN6R

Took electronics course (2 years) after graduated from high school. Worked for Michelin Tire here in Bridgewater from June 1978- Oct 2008. Now retired at home being "Mr.Mom." Hired at Michelin as a Tech,but in 1981,due to high interest rates the company cut back on maintenance people(me) so I moved to the production end of things and hand made High Performance Tires until I retired.

Last edited:

Sparkxx1

Took electronics course (2 years) after graduated from high school. Worked for Michelin Tire here in Bridgewater from June 1978- Oct 2008. Now retired at home being "Mr.Mom."

LMAO that's great I wanna be an engineer but eventually maybe I'll be a high school teacher/Mr.Mom. xD Teaching math is slowly becoming a passion of mine.

FitZ6R

Ill make 30-50k depending on how the year goes. Not the greatest form of income.
Maybe not the greatest, but far from the worst. There are a lot of people working very hard, often dangerous jobs, for a lot less money. Just saying.

Tmak73

Alright well I am currently a full-time student at a University in southern MN. I will be in my last year of schooling this fall for my bachelor's of science degree in exercise science. I am planning on going into physical therapy after I am done here, more than likely a physical therapy assistant in order to get my foot in the door.

For jobs in school, during the school year I work at the schools fitness center and my second job is working at the front desk of a hotel.

Inoxim-NorCal

What you do: Solar Power Engineer/Designer/Roofer/CAD Whore.

Who you work for: Eagle Solar / Eagle Roofing

A little about the company you work for: One of the largest roofing tile manufacturers in the USA for the past 25+ years. 5 years ago they decided to get into the *green* industry and participate in alternative energy sources (since they were already putting their product on most peoples houses, they may as well put solar there too I guess). They brought me and a few other people in and we design the solar panel layouts for each and every roof in CAD / Sketch up / solid works. Integrated and standard panels, the electrical for the system, and figure all the load calculations (down force / wind up lift etc). Basically I stare at peoples roofs all day and try to put as much solar on it as possible :)

karl213

What you do: Nuclear Medicine Technologist, make different radiopharmaceuticals and radioactive therapies. Inject them into people watch what happens. Label cells. Lots of stuff.

Who you work for: VIHA

A little about the company you work for: It is a health authority what is there to say.

24KMACH

What did you do? Test driver. Ret. 35 years. I drove the trucks in James Bond movie License to Kill. 4 years in the USAF B-52's 63-7. 1 year Boeings.1968. I'm an A & E Mech.
Who did you work for? Kenworth Truck Co.
A little about the company you work for? Kenworth is a division of PACCAR.

Last edited:

roundhouse

What you do: Code Officer

Who you work for: Community Developement City of Lewisville

A little about the company you work for: Municipality of about 100K. Been there 14 years and love it! Our department does everything from residential nuisance abatement, fire and building code violations to restaurant food safety and food handlers training.

DragonBlu

Mechanic: I take care of a fleet of 20 vans, cars, and pickups and also 24 golf carts for a private university. I also do fab welding as needed. Great place to work.