So I found a Header but does it fit

Rich007

It is a Micron Serpent Header and the part number on the header appears to be HYDY41 then there is a M203 after that, not sure if that means anything. The header has been modified to fit a 2006 R6 but I am not sure how it sill fit my 12 FZ6R and or if I have to do any modification or not. I really don't plan on doing my exhaust till fall so I do have time.

I found it for sale for $120 with shipping, does anyone know if this will fit? Any help would be appreciated.
here is a picture of it for reference.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Rich007

Man, that is a hard one. Because if it is going to fit/not fit, it will be very close one way or the other. I guess it depends on the modifications that were needed to get it to fit the R6....
They told me they had to modify it for the slip on because on there 06 R6 the slip on attached in the same place as the 6R.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Rich007

Some of the R6 oem exhausts are like that.But it still doesn't make sense to me because they AREN'T oem headers.The aftermarket headers wouldn't need to be modified.It just doesn't seem right, is it local or online?
The person selling is on the other side of the state so they would have to ship to me.

They said they modified the header for the shortened silencer under the bike. so it looks like it was cut and a new flange was added to support a slip on from a 06 R6.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

mdgreene2001

I will sell you my 03-05 r6 headder that does bolt up you just need to bend a little bit to clear the oil pan. I ended up using the stock pipe and didnt touch the r6 headder. $40+sh send me a message if you want it, or if anyone wants it

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I will sell you my 03-05 r6 headder that does bolt up you just need to bend a little bit to clear the oil pan. I ended up using the stock pipe and didnt touch the r6 headder. $40+sh

Well there ya go! This should make it a pretty simple decision.

mdgreene2001

Really! If OP doesn't want those I'll take em for $40 +SH.
ok. I wanna get rid of them asap they are taking up space so i will give him a day or two to get back to me if not they are yours message me in a day or two.

Rich007

ok. I wanna get rid of them asap they are taking up space so i will give him a day or two to get back to me if not they are yours message me in a day or two.
Hey go ahead and sell them, I am going to hold off and do a little bit more research on the other one and get the price down a little bit. Thank you though.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rich007

For the money Marthy makes more sense, I'll be in touch in the fall when I store the bike for the year.

mdgreene2001

I carry a gun because cops are too heavy.
I carry a .45 because shooting twice is just silly.
I like that, me too, whats your carry gun? I have 2 1911s one is a sig sauer scorpion tactical rail 5" .45 threaded barrel, the other is a custom built fusion firearms 6" long slide tactical rail 10mm with lots of wilson, nowlin, titanium, and novak half moon night sight rear and novak big dot night sight front. the 10mm is wicked accurate i easily shoot 5" groups at 30 yards, the .45 is accurate as well but not as nice as the 10mm. the 10mm cost me $3700 to build and i saved up for over a year buying parts here and there, the .45 was $1200. Love them both.