Skully has some competition

latony007

no rear view camera which is what i want the most out of the Skully but at $600 that is something i would buy vs. 1500 for the scully, and i bet the Skully helmet itself will not be that great being their first helmet. Hopefully should this thing ever appear on the market it wont be that high. i have seen no word of a release date or anything which seems odd in Almost May if they are going to release it this year.

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MattEnTheHat

no rear cam sucks balls but it will have 1080P 30FPS recording integrated. now that is awesome.

and I keep seeing more and more msrp prices for the scully at 1500 I doubt that will drop any.
That 1080p 30FPS camera is pretty solid. I mean, that replaces a Go Pro Digital Hero 3, which is about $200 alone, plus mounting hardware, and a lot less clean/causes wind resistance compared to this option. So for someone interested in getting into recording, that effectively drops the price of this device to $400, which is getting a lot closer to the reasonable range...

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

latony007

That 1080p 30FPS camera is pretty solid. I mean, that replaces a Go Pro Digital Hero 3, which is about $200 alone, plus mounting hardware, and a lot less clean/causes wind resistance compared to this option. So for someone interested in getting into recording, that effectively drops the price of this device to $400, which is getting a lot closer to the reasonable range...
That's a really good point Matt. I love the map thing in both of them, I was trying to find somewhere yesterday and I have the BT helmet so the chicks talking in my ear but having the map on there would be cool. Hey you ever coming home? :)

MattEnTheHat

That's a really good point Matt. I love the map thing in both of them, I was trying to find somewhere yesterday and I have the BT helmet so the chicks talking in my ear but having the map on there would be cool. Hey you ever coming home? :)
I agree, the map would be amazing. I was home for about 2 days for spring break about 3 weeks ago, but only long enough to grab some camping gear and turn around to go to Yosemite for a week with my girlfriend. As of now, I'm not planning to come home until summer (mid-June), when I'll be around for a couple months, but if I hear about any more group rides I might just have to make the trip for that...

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

I think I am the complete opposite. I find it easier to concentrate with music. I've always listened to music as far back as I can remember and it helps me focus. I'm actually listening to music right now while I am writing a paper for my Network and Security Architecture class. LOL! I started off without the music, but I get too distracted by things around me. I focus better by blocking out some things around me. When riding though I never turn it up loud enough so that I can't hear things around me. I make it just loud enough that I can hear the music. I have a Sena and don't use it for phone calls although I did try it and it does work very very well. I like the music function and being able to hear voice commands from my Note 3 map apps.
im with you Scott, In general im a person that needs some background noise I hate silence. The BT is great for just putting some background music in and of course its huge for the GPS. I also really love the helmet to helmet, you don't sit there and yack the whole ride but its great to be able to pull up to a stop light and say hey do you want to go left or right or hey lets stop I have to take a leak. I can see Jons point though, when your out trying to set the track record it might be distracting if the phone went off :)

JonKerr

Elite Member