Sigh... Meh... Tunnels are the devil

gdh8tsu

So last week.. yeah little late anyhow got stuck in the Midtown Tunnel in Norfolk Va behind a Tractor Trailer and beside a City Bus ( the Propane burning type) for about 20 mins.. Highlight of the week yeah for me. Anyone else have that fun recently??

gdh8tsu

Nope just stuck in the middle of the tunnel it was like 120 degrees saudi hot in there lol Wish there was that Ca lane splitting the median clause in va..

Sparkxx1

Do they really enforce the no lane splitting law in Va? I know in NY we're not supposed to but especially in the city, they're more likely not to care. Anyways if traffic is moving at 20-30 mph I won't lane split cuz cars have too much movement at that point but not too much space. I like to lane split when traffic is stopped or near bring stopped. Just be prepared to be called an asshole, for no reason...

slaythoven

Nope just stuck in the middle of the tunnel it was like 120 degrees saudi hot in there lol Wish there was that Ca lane splitting the median clause in va..
Whenever I visit the office for the company I work for in Reston, I always see lane splitters, and they're usually wearing embroidered leather vest.

gdh8tsu

Maybe if it was before the tunnel where there was an exit I would, but most "cagers" in the area are a bunch of douches and would sooner open a car door then let you roll by em. and in the tunnel there really isnt much wiggle room.

Crocop43

I'm all too familiar with that tunnel I'm from Virginia beach ....and the traffic there is unbearable ...I can't wait to go back when I gt outta the marines though I do miss it

Sparkxx1

Lol lane splitting has saved me from some horrible traffic jams. If it's in a tunnel where you won't get caught I say use it, especially in traffic jams. One time there was an accident on the 59th street bridge and I just skipped it all because I just found some spaces to go through. You might think there is no room but unless you have saddlebags on the bike I've gotten the fz6r through tight squeezes. Hell I park my bike in the house, through the front door, every night.

Deputyfarva252

I've rode to Hampton twice and you can keep it . The traffic up there is crazy nobody pays attention to any damn thing except themselves and if your not doing 85 your getting run over . Ill take my nice quite scenic roads here in eastern NC

AFDavis11

Do they really enforce the no lane splitting law in Va? I know in NY we're not supposed to but especially in the city, they're more likely not to care. Anyways if traffic is moving at 20-30 mph I won't lane split cuz cars have too much movement at that point but not too much space. I like to lane split when traffic is stopped or near bring stopped. Just be prepared to be called an asshole, for no reason...
Dude, it's Virginia. They don't have to enforce it. People will open up their car doors and try to kill you themselves.

findmadhav

Lol.... I was stuck in Holland tunnel between NJ and NY last week. It was soooo hot in there... My head was all sweatin inside my helmet.... Coming out of the tunnel with damn cars going on 25 mph was like coming out of hell :)

FlyZ6R

Haha! All this talk of how "wonderful" the traffic is in Hampton Roads is bringing back such wonderful memories!

gdh8tsu

Yeah its even better now that North Carolina "Dismal Swamps" is on fire again so much smoke in the air makes it miserable for riding sometimes

FlyZ6R

Can that swamp ever go more than 2 years without catching on fire? Haha, those trees do not smell very good when they burn, they need to plant some Mesquite or Hickory in there.

Seriously though, I hope they get the fire(s) out quickly.