Should I get a retune / ECU flash?

SMG516

Yo what's up.

So I own a 2015 Fizzer, currently running the factory tune.
I've done the air box mod, got a K&N air filter, Wormtech block off plates & a Blackwidow short exhaust installed, still got stock injectors though.

I took the bike to a company that tunes up bikes for the track, and after their analysis, they reckon that I don't need a retune since all I do is daily commuting and occasional weekend hooning.
But I wanna get your guys' input, do you reckon it'd be worth my time Flashing the ECU & what not? & if so, can any of you lead me to where I can find a fuel map to give to a shop so that they can set it up for me?

Cheers in advance.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jjmaine

At first I would have said you absolutely need a tune with a full exhaust but with this bike I’m not so sure you “need” one. That isn’t to say a good tune won’t make your bike run a little better…

I had a thought and need to measure them but with my Delkevic, the headers look damn close in size to the oem headers and if that is the case, then really all we are doing is “changing” the muffler. Same as any other bike when you just put on a slip on it wouldnt need a tune. It may pop on decel a bit more but your bike isnt going to run so lean that it melts the engine. Obviously we are just forced to install a whole new system since the stocker is 1 piece…
Next time I am out in the shop I’ll measure both to confirm for the Delkevic at least. It would make sense why all these exhaust companies say that no fuel tuning/ecu flash is required…

SMG516

Our expert Marthy pops in here from time to time... maybe he can give some advice. A lot of us years ago got the PCV and shared two or three different maps, more so to cut out decel pops than any gains.
Oh yea, alright, cheers for that bit of info at the end there.

SMG516

At first I would have said you absolutely need a tune with a full exhaust but with this bike I’m not so sure you “need” one. That isn’t to say a good tune won’t make your bike run a little better…

I had a thought and need to measure them but with my Delkevic, the headers look damn close in size to the oem headers and if that is the case, then really all we are doing is “changing” the muffler. Same as any other bike when you just put on a slip on it wouldnt need a tune. It may pop on decel a bit more but your bike isnt going to run so lean that it melts the engine. Obviously we are just forced to install a whole new system since the stocker is 1 piece…
Next time I am out in the shop I’ll measure both to confirm for the Delkevic at least. It would make sense why all these exhaust companies say that no fuel tuning/ecu flash is required…
Sweet as, cheers

Rumpig

Adding more timing is well worth doing , they pulled heaps out compared to the R6 and FZ6

Rumpig

Same seller , either should work.