Short or regular levers

Flipflash

Elite Member
Last edited:

PARider

It's more of a personal preference. I only use one or two fingers when using my clutch, so I tend to go with shortys. It wont clamp down on your hand and will give you the full pull motion with only two fingers on the lever and two on the bar. Also it is apparently far less likely to break in the event of a crash (don't know from experience). So if you can start her up after she takes a spill, you still have function in your controls (assuming the lines aernt snapped).

As for the levers you are looking at, I went with cheap ones off e-bay and they worked just fine. Just gotta shop around.

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Kdubb223

Its all about personal preference and looks for the most part. Right now I have short clutch and stock brake lever due to my crash. The shorty brake lever I had got bent just enough to annoy me so I put the stock back on. I also bought china made ebay levers and they work fine (so long as you dont crash :banghead:)

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

iSpoolin

I prefer shorty brake, and a long clutch, however that's just my preference, and that's the only real factor in going to shorty levers.

RooKie

Nothing technical to say that hasn't already been said, but I really think the shorty levers look way cooler on my 6R than the standard size :D

CrazyCawi

shorty levers remind me of a BMX bike

ajskillz13

Show me a MotoGP guy who uses shorties and I might consider the change. Not saying there aren't, but I haven't seen any.

RooKie

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member