alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

ajskillz13

$240 a year with State Farm for full coverage... $500 deductible. I do have a house and two other cars with them and a clear driving record. Can't beat $20 a month!

yamarx1

Try Liberty Mutual they always seem to be the cheapest for power sports, when everyone else was quoting me $1000 or more on my RX-1 snowmobile they came in at $254, so when I shopped around for my bike they came in at $297 for year.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
$20 a month full coverage with State Farm

ajskillz13

I'll definitely be looking into those. I have a car, a clean driving record, and am taking an MSF class. Really the only things going against me are my age, general inexperience, and the bike will be a brand new '09 with 0 on the odo.
This was my first bike (No experience) and I got the policy two months before I turned 26 last fall. :D

Shop around and make sure you find a good agent. I consider mine a good friend and I know he would be there to help no matter what. Try to get a reference from someone you trust. Even if you don't get the lowest rate, the quality of service will far outweigh the costs.

iSpoolin

175$ a year, full coverage with Rider Insurance.

dekaliber

Brand new 2010 bike insured with State Farm for $288/year, full coverage. I'm 27, have 2 other vehicles and house through them so there's probably some group discount going on. A friend who's 25 got a wacky quote from Geico ($700 something) and ended up going with Progressive for about the same as I'm paying. We're both new bikers so no experience either.

elikhom

I've been running numbers to find out what my monthly cost with the bike will be, and got a couple quotes on insurance. The lowest so far was Progressive at $875 a year. For those of you carrying insurance, what are your rates and who with? I'd be paying out as much a month in insurance as I would on the bike loan. Is there cheaper out there, or have the squids made that a pipe dream?
I got $950 with Progressive too, tried a bunch of different ones and all came up higher for full coverage. I think this being my first bike ever has to do with it.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm gonna guess inexperience and the shiny-new factors are playing heavily in the large quotes I'm getting.
I started riding (street legal) at 24 or 25 on a brand new 250 Rebel and it was $18 a month full coverage. (Married, no accidents/tickets) I am now 27 and have 1 accident (totaled) and 1 speeding ticket on my R6 and it is still $20 a month full coverage. We have all our other vehicles through State Farm as well.

Sparkxx1

I get 600/year I'm 21 a new rider, and a new bike. I've had a clean driving record for 4 years. Sigh, I wish I had those 20/month deals. =D

Harda toenail

Insurance companies don't like new things. I refuse to ever finance a vehicle or buy full coverage. In the end, it's money in someone else's pocket. Just my opinion though. Some people like monthly bills better than one lump sum. But I figure, if you don't have the money at the time of purchase, you don't need it

justgiver

$2080 a year with the maximum discount you can get her in Manitoba with our communist government run insurance. Bikes are insane to insure here a bike will cost you the same whether you are 30 or 40 or 50 and have a clean driving record.

ajskillz13

$2080 a year with the maximum discount you can get her in Manitoba with our communist government run insurance. Bikes are insane to insure here a bike will cost you the same whether you are 30 or 40 or 50 and have a clean driving record.
Wow... I'm feeling very fortunate. I've got a $35k 2010 SUV and a simliar priced 2007 car that are each only about $900 a year to insure. Thank you Indiana!

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member