Shooting spree across Calif county leaves 4 dead

BKP

Incredibly unfortunate on many levels...
This is a sick bastard who decided to take a few with him... Not unlike the suicide nutjobs in Afghanistan...

However, the gun control advocates will exploit this, regardless of the fact that Orange County has the toughest gun control laws in California... and regardless of statistics like this, which are all too common:

Gun crimes increase in Massachusetts despite tough gun laws - The Smoking Chamber : The Smoking Chamber

Chicago's Rising Murder Rate Is Proof Positive That Gun Control Isn't Working

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

great more fuel for the (anti-gun) fire ... He lived with his parents ....He was unemployed

DakinechicK

Unfortunately this kind of stuff has been happening for centuries.... It's just in the last 15 years or so become readily available to us via internet, tv, and newspapers. We hear about these kinds of things, a lot of time, AS they are happening with technology advancing as fast as it has.

This kind of violence is nothing new. Sad it has to happen at all though. :(

CrazyCawi

another way to exploit gun control. sorry for the lost lives today. so unfortunate

DragonBlu

Unfortunately this kind of stuff has been happening for centuries.... It's just in the last 15 years or so become readily available to us via internet, tv, and newspapers. We hear about these kinds of things, a lot of time, AS they are happening with technology advancing as fast as it has.

This kind of violence is nothing new. Sad it has to happen at all though. :(
You hit the nail on the head. When these things happened years ago in other countries or even other states we would see it in the inside of a newspaper weeks or even months later. Now it's instant sadness.

Spunky99

So why not post the OC gunman's name?
Is it racist to post names of non-whites?

Ali Syed

This is an Iraqi name
Syed is a Muslim name claiming descent from Mohammed's grandson Husain

I'm not saying anything other than we need more information on the people doing the killings. If it turns out that all of them have a common bond maybe we can deal with it.

They were quick to name and put pictures up of Loughner and Lanza but leave out the facts of which political party they are associate with and that they are mostly on some sort of anti-depressant.

With all the gun control talk, I still haven't heard one Politician say how they plan to take the guns out of the hands of criminals, just law abiding citizens.

None of the Politicians want to talk about the real problem in the USA...Mental Health. Because I'm hard pressed to find any incident where someone is killed by any means that doesn't involve a crazy lunatic or a criminal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spunky99

A little bit o' facts ...about the worst mass killing.....in the USA

At Virginia Tech, Seung-Hui Cho shot and killed 32 people and wounded 17 others in two separate attacks, approximately two hours apart, before committing suicide.
Cho had previously been diagnosed with a severe anxiety disorder. During much of his middle school and high school years, he received therapy and special education support. Due to Federal privacy laws, none of this information was available to Virginia Tech when he applied to go to school there.

Cho used two firearms during the attacks: a .22-caliber Walther P22 semi-automatic handgun and a 9 mm semi-automatic Glock 19 handgun.
Both guns had 10 round magazines in them.

So why is the gun control crowd going after AR-15s and 30 round magazines?
The Coroner said all the victims in Dandy Hook died from 9mm bullets fired from pistols of which Lanza had 4. The Bushmaster AR was found in the trunk of the car and was not used.

Assault weapons are classified as "fully automatic" weapons which have been banned for civilian use since 1932. The AR-15 only looks like an M-16 or M-4.

So if we add stickers to our motorcycles to make them look like a factory Yamaha MotoGP bike then they should also be outlawed as a race motorcycle that should not be driven on the street.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Spunky99

This post looks an awful lot like "politics" - I was under the impression (based on this thread) that we weren't supposed to be discussing politics here. Has that changed? Is the bar immune from that? Feel free to send me a private message to clarify, as opposed to just silently deleting my post (again).
I thought I put in some facts but remained neutral on the political agenda.
You can put me where you want to politically but speaking facts is not neccessarily purporting a particular political side or agenda.
I guess I could do the old Politically Correct thing and ignore all the facts and be a complete progressive....

Bringing up facts is not political unless you want it to and then...well I guess all discussions are political and all discussion should be banned because it doesn't meet your particular standards.

I think taking sides in a politics is political but I believe discussing issues should be open.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited: