Service cost of your first service!

ricburns

Hey Y'all, How much did you pay for your break-in service with Dealer?I was told $350 by mountain motorsports service, that number seems way high for what they have to do.

-Deva

latony007

Hey Y'all, How much did you pay for your break-in service with Dealer?I was told $350 by mountain motorsports service, that number seems way high for what they have to do.

-Deva
They are all way high, i think mine was close to that. Its lame they dont do anything but change the oil, maybe adjust the chain if needed and the rest is inspection. Since i wanted to make sure there was no issues with their assembly i went ahead and did it but skipped the next service and did an oil change myself which is really easy on this bike, especially if you use K&N filters after you get the stock one off.

lark

Deva,

Mountain is always going to be $$$$$$

Check out Marietta Motorsports

I've been in contact with them about the first service (haven't reached the mileage yet) here's an email from Huey:

"So a 600 mile service we charge ½ hour for an oil change + oil and filter AND another ½ hour to check over everything on the bike. That’s $77 in labor plus about $50 in parts.
And we don’t just look the bike over. I guarantee your throttle isn't adjusted properly, we lube all the pivot points, check all the fluid levels, etc, etc, etc!

Please ask if you have any more specific questions but hope to see you soon!

Oh yeah: Saturday is our “drive up” day. First come, first serve and we can knock this out. Plus we usually order pizza."

I keep meaning to get out there on a Saturday just to hang out but weather/work is a downer.

latony007

Deva,

Check out Marietta Motorsports

I've been in contact with them about the first service (haven't reached the mileage yet) here's an email from Huey:

"So a 600 mile service we charge ½ hour for an oil change + oil and filter AND another ½ hour to check over everything on the bike. That’s $77 in labor plus about $50 in parts.
And we don’t just look the bike over. I guarantee your throttle isn't adjusted properly, we lube all the pivot points, check all the fluid levels, etc, etc, etc!

Please ask if you have any more specific questions but hope to see you soon!

Oh yeah: Saturday is our “drive up” day. First come, first serve and we can knock this out. Plus we usually order pizza."

I keep meaning to get out there on a Saturday just to hang out but weather/work is a downer.
Hey i want this dealer!

Nmexico

Take the advice and save the money. Sounds like most of that stuff is DIY work. The money saved can be spent on mods, I suggest a Double bubble or sport touring screen. The stock screen sends angry air right at you, its junk.

jammer

I suggest a Double bubble or sport touring screen. The stock screen sends angry air right at you, its junk.
+1 got my double bubble waiting for me to get my bike out of storage.:sinister:

lark

Hey i want this dealer!
We have been playing email tag for some time, he even sent me links for the tools I need to learn to DIY the services (Seems funny since he might lose some business) it just made me want to hang out and talk to the shop guys even more! My family-in-law has always used the shop and it seems they are looking out for the rider. I'm gonna talk to them about suspension. I don't want to lower it because I like how it is right now, but I'm just wondering how much more comfortable it'll be if i do :D I'm walking the bike around for now when backing out of stuff, and I do get a lot of wobbles where I'm afraid I'm going to drop it or hurt myself trying not to drop it.

Hope it helps Deva :)

groussea

I was looking for a dealership close to my workplace so Mountain Motorsport was my best option. They told me 350$ over the phone but actually charged me only 225$ when they did the job. (just to clarify, this was for my wife's 2013 Honda CB500F but that should be the same price range I assume)

Marietta was too far away for me to be convenient.

ricburns

Thanks Y'all. I got mine serviced at cycle nation for $210 for full synthetic. They checked all the things i asked and explained all the things done at the end, i was happy at the end.

oh yes they are.

Take the advice and save the money. Sounds like most of that stuff is DIY work. The money saved can be spent on mods, I suggest a Double bubble or sport touring screen. The stock screen sends angry air right at you, its junk.
being in apartments, I can do only so much DIY out in the open and weather didn't help either. I am yet to get my DB, waiting on the shipment.

can we do triple digits with DB sitting upright?

We have been playing email tag for some time, he even sent me links for the tools I need to learn to DIY the services (Seems funny since he might lose some business) it just made me want to hang out and talk to the shop guys even more!
Hope it helps Deva :)
Sure Megan. sounds like a dream dealer, I will try them next time.

Vath

I've heard that DIY on the first service (600 miles) will void your warranty. Anyone know if this is true? I am going to take mine in at 600 miles either way I think but I just wanted to get that little tid bit of knowledge out there for anyone else looking to cheapen up the first service.

If it doesn't actually void the warranty, then yeah I would bet you could make it a lot cheaper to just do it yourself.

Superzoom

I've heard that DIY on the first service (600 miles) will void your warranty. Anyone know if this is true? I am going to take mine in at 600 miles either way I think but I just wanted to get that little tid bit of knowledge out there for anyone else looking to cheapen up the first service.

If it doesn't actually void the warranty, then yeah I would bet you could make it a lot cheaper to just do it yourself.
A lot of people assume this, but it's not true.

You can do the work yourself, and keep the receipts for the oil and filter.

Nmexico

Thanks Y'all. I got mine serviced at cycle nation for $210 for full synthetic. They checked all the things i asked and explained all the things done at the end, i was happy at the end.

oh yes they are.

being in apartments, I can do only so much DIY out in the open and weather didn't help either. I am yet to get my DB, waiting on the shipment.

can we do triple digits with DB sitting upright?

Sure Megan. sounds like a dream dealer, I will try them next time.
IMO, the Double Bubble is best for shorter riders maybe 5 feet 8 and under. To me it just drives the incoming air more to the side and distrubutes the air cleaner and more quiet than stock. Its a big improvement for me.

Last edited: