Selling the bike

Spitfire

2009 Raven w/ stock everything, painted the screen...

Jacket, gloves, 2 helmets...

Been laid down once, scratches on right fairing and right mirror...

5500 miles...

What do you guys think I should offer it for? The wife freaked when I suggest $4000 lol... She thinks $5000... ideas?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Spitfire

Haha yeah I like that answer as well =P I'll list it for $4500 on CL and we'll see how it goes... Do you think it'd be worth it to even check with the local dealers and shops around that buy bikes or would they offer me next to nothing on it?

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

i dno about your area but up hear i can get a bike in pretty damn good shape for between 4200-5500... the best deal i found was on a fz6r that had been laid down guy was asking 3800... and a buddy of mine got an fz6r with 600 miles on it for 2k flat the guy had bought it, rode it twice was afraid ( "afeared" as we like to call it) of it and sold it cheap for just that.

every time someone posts these up i get so sad lol i wish i could buy one!!! i realy want a copper one.... now if my other job would pick up i could get within the price rang of one.
Shit I sold my prestine FZ6R, never down, never really abused. 4000 miles Modded all to hell, for 3800$ :rolleyes:

However I basically just wanted it out of my way.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

lol you let someone get away with a bargain you bastard! LOL

you have to set a minimum for your self whats the lowest you will take? ok well from there start high... expect to get you minimum and be hopeful someone bites on something higher... be confident in what your selling...if your confident enough you could sell a man his own shit.... so depending on how much time you have take your time to start high and end low... hopefully someone will meet you in-between.
Well I only paid 4000 for the bike, I modded it a bit, I asked 4000, the guy offered 3800 cash so I said ok, and he rode it home.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

iSpoolin

guess thats not bad....fingers crossed i find some deal like that at some point, i really wish i could make payments on a bike... :/ i dont care if it just sat in the show room while i paid for it at this point.... i just want a fz6r! shit if i could find an fz6r for 3800 and make payments on it... i could put 1200 down on it and already knock that shit down a bit... but yeah...
If that's what you want to do then why not get a personal loan for remaining amount you need, and get you a bike.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

djf18374

Am I correct in this line of reasoning for Leprechaun? He has money for the down payment, does not have enough for the monthly payment on the bike + insurance. Can't get a loan if you have no money coming in every month...well you can, but that gets messy :p

Superzoom

If that's what you want to do then why not get a personal loan for remaining amount you need, and get you a bike.
Sorry, in this day and age of instant gratification, I wouldn't recommend buying anything with a loan unless your income was solid and your expenses and debt well under control. That's what I would recommend to any friends or family that I was concerned for, anyways.

From what I've read about you, Jon, is that you are doing your darndest to be patient about buying an FZ6R until you can really afford it, and for that I commend you.

I buy all my motorcycles outright.

kchen

2009 Raven w/ stock everything, painted the screen...

Jacket, gloves, 2 helmets...

Been laid down once, scratches on right fairing and right mirror...

5500 miles...

What do you guys think I should offer it for? The wife freaked when I suggest $4000 lol... She thinks $5000... ideas?
Try listing it 200$ above your ideal price. And when people ask to haggle down the price. Give them your ideal price.

I know my previous owner tried selling on CL for 5200. In the end, he couldn't sell it so he relisted for 4,200 with 5.5k miles. This is Southern Cali though.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Bloke

Why bother!? You'd lose out on what little interest you can get. Work out how long it'll take you on your current savings plan, then find a bond to shove the money you've got so far into for that duration.

Basically just work on maximising your interest and bonus payments on your savings.

Keep saving. Good things come to those who wait.

Personally though, i'd review my priorities, are you paying interest on your car? If so i'd clear that crap first.

Debt cleared first, then save, then buy.

Doing it any other way and you'll be forever paying "the man" more than he deserves.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member