Security

Ljbeer

Hi buying a fz6r tomorrow! Just a question for security as google won't tell me. What security does the 2010 fz6r come with? Thanks!

TokenSSDD

And whatever fighting skills you may have...

If you're worried about security then pick up a disk lock. Xena makes a pretty decent one. Just do a search on the topic. There's plenty of threads about them.

Chucker

I find giving bystanders a stern look before walking away from my bike works well.

KeysRider3

U.S. market bikes don't have anything special, so lots of riders use a lock that immobilizes the brake rotor. These locks are not as easy to defeat as cables or chains, and are a lot easier to carry and use. There are a number of add-on systems that will immobilize the bike electrically, and/or allow a stolen bike to be tracked electronically.

Spunky99

I use a Gorilla alarm system. Makes a warning when kids mess with it and goes off if it is uprighted or moved. The pager also makes noises so I can tell and come running to see what is happening or happened.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

yellowFZ6r

A GARAGE with a door!

Spunky99

Sparkxx1

If you're in the US it only comes with a steering lock. I would suggest a gorilla alarm and one of these Motorcycle Locks | Motorcycle Disc Locks | Bike Protection with RoadLoK or just lojack if you were really interested in security. The reason I mention roadlok is because I think progressive gives a pretty good discount for people that have them installed on the bike. Since I pay 600$ insurance a year I'd save quite a bit. But I only pay that much because I've had my license for just under a year, plus I live in NYC. :zombie:

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member