Security System?

F

FZ6R_Blue

I will be riding my bike to college come spring and I was trying to figure out if it would be worth it to spend the money on a security system. I found a gorilla 8017 system brand new for 139.95 (List $229.00) is it worth the money and time to install it?

F

FZ6R_Blue

On a side note if anyone is looking for front/rear wheel stands i found these while looking up parts.
[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Motorcycle-Paddock-GPI-Industries/dp/B003TV36JY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1297619212&sr=8-2-catcorr]Amazon.com: Yamaha YZF R1 R6 R6s FZ1 FZ6 FZ6R Front and Rear Motorcycle Paddock Race Stands Lifts by GPI Industries: Everything Else[/ame]

MikeN02

If you bought it might as well install it. Otherwise return it, I have it and I rarely use it. Only if I got out into a mall or something. It's better than nothing. I'm going to get one of those Xena disc lock alarms soon.

Only thing that's fool proof is lojack or insurance. Being at a college campus I'm sure a lot of stuff would happen. Such as someone kicking it over or worst.

Sage

If I'm able to bring mine to campus in the spring I'm planning on getting one of the Xena disk alarms. Dunno what all is out there but I figured locking the disk is better than just locking the bars

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Sage

FZ6R

just found these and it seems decent along with the Xena alarms

matt_not_andrew

I have a Meta Cat 1 alarm on mine and a Xena XX14 disc alarm. My bike is parked on the street overnight and my last one was stolen.

The Meta alarm is small enough to fit under the seat with room to carry the xena lock in a small camera bag strapped to the frame. I still have space to carry my scottoiler under the seat as well. The Meta fob is small and rubber coated to stop you from scratching the yokes. Both are nice and loud.

If you are going to go down the route of a disc lock - I alway recommend an alarmed one cause the price of replacing a warped disc when you forget to remove the lock will make you wish the damn thing had an alarm to stop you forgetting in the first place.