Seat is too high!

xplodnstar

We did 3/4 inch also. It seems comfortable and did not adversely change the ride. I've actually found it to be a more comfortable ride.

Detrich

ok, so i finally got around to adjusting the seat before i went riding this past weekend. and, unfortunately, those 2 screws are, in fact, snug.

what i can see is that the center screw- ie the one with the rubber spacers- is the part that's giving way and allowing the seat to wiggle just a bit up and down. i looked in the manual too, but it didn't seem to have any add'l info either...

so i tried tightening those 2 screws plus the center one, but all 3 are already really, really tight. plus, there isn't that much space in there to wrench without the wrench hitting something on a 180 turn. :(

well, the seat doesn't move around that much, and i don't feel it's a safety hazard at this point. so, i guess i will just inquire at the dealer when i go in for 600 mile service- which is coming up pretty soon...

thanks for everyone's help tho... :)

I haven't noticed this on mine..if you take the rear seat off, there will be two screws in the back of the drivers seat, try tightening those.

Meema

I had the same problem reaching the ground. I went to a shoe repair shop and had 3/4" add to the bottom of my riding boots. I haven't had any problems since.
Dee