Saddlebag Owners: Did they affect your gas mileage?

ksanbon

What kind of saddlebags do you have?
Gas mileage before? After?

Thank you!

sammy56

I have saddlebags and a topcase. City riding I get about 45 mpg, touring I get about 56mpg. I have not noticed any issues.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jotapeh

I have sport saddlebags.. Slight impact on my mileage on extended highway speeds at high RPMs, but not huge.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
D

Deleted member 9794

This is a quick set up to show Boss_601 what they look like. They do expand 2.5-3" on each bag. I had 4 days of stuff in it, liner for jacket, water proof covers, flip flops, tennis shoes and a toiletry bag to hold deodorant toofpaste, ha ha, and other man items to look n smell good.

I'll post a link once I have a crappy youtube video up.
Thanks for the pics! I went ahead and ordered the the compact version because aside from width the dimensions seemed pretty close and I don't see myself carrying 4 days worth of stuff! When I get them I will post pics for comparison.

For anybody ordering these please realize that "compact" are not the smallest, they are in the middle...yes....this initially confused me :eek:

Contour < Compact < Expander
Fieldsheer Contour Motorcycle Saddlebags :: New Enough
Fieldsheer Compact Motorcycle SaddleBags :: New Enough
Fieldsheer Expander Motorcycle Saddlebags :: New Enough

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
D

Deleted member 9794

Fulfilled

As promised here are pics of the Fieldsheer Compact Saddlebags on my FZ6R. Just got them today and they felt fine on the interstate at 60mph. They look to hold plenty and come with rain covers (although I plan on spraying them down with scotch guard or something and keeping a plastic bag in each for extra protection in case of rain). Easy on/off with the quick detach clips, hold their shape while empty, and except for one little thin piece of velcro that I got rough with, the quality seems good; although we'll see how they hold up over time.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member