Rough first gear

zeromod

Hey folks, Just picked up my brand new 09 FZ6R and loving it. :D
Just wondering if anyone has experienced the rough and jerky first gear.
Every time I shift into first gear the bike lurches forward, doesn't matter if the engine is cold or warm. I've had owned few bikes in past 25 years, all from new and non of them did this when the engine was warmed up.
I have about 200 km on the Odo. Called my dealer and they tell me that's normal for the new clutch for the first 100 km.
What do you guys think?

JonKerr

Elite Member
Mine does the same thin. I had a 1980 Yamaha 400 Special II and it did the same exact thing it's whole life well over 20,000 that I had it.

Bigevildoer

Once you do your first oil change it will the problem with be alleviated quite a bit. In the mean time, just make sure you've got a brake engaged when dropping it into gear.

Spunky99

Mine make a loud clunking sound and a jump forward.
I've adjusted the clutch and changed the oil 2 times already and it's the same. I think this is normal.

streetmaster

Once you do your first oil change it will the problem with be alleviated quite a bit. In the mean time, just make sure you've got a brake engaged when dropping it into gear.
The G/F 250 V Star still does it. Bought new in July '07 & I change the oil every 6 months (things only done 2500km/1550miles!) As said, just hold the brake when engaging first. The V Star stalls if you don't!