Rock the Gear

redwing-2001

Superzoom

By the way, this is the website of Brittany Morrow, a girl who lost a lot of skin riding on the back of a squid's sport bike.

I'd like to know how donations are going to be spent by this "foundation". I'm way paranoid of fake charities after reading about ten different people who faked having cancer to make money. This girl didn't fake her road rash, but it's completely unclear how she is going to use donations to promote gear use. Owning a website doesn't cost anything these days.

redwing-2001

By the way, this is the website of Brittany Morrow, a girl who lost a lot of skin riding on the back of a squid's sport bike.

I'd like to know how donations are going to be spent by this "foundation". I'm way paranoid of fake charities after reading about ten different people who faked having cancer to make money. This girl didn't fake her road rash, but it's completely unclear how she is going to use donations to promote gear use. Owning a website doesn't cost anything these days.
Her mission is stated on her website, basically to get motorcyclists to make intelligent decisions about wearing the right gear and promoting ATGATT. Your point is well taken, though, so I sent an email to Tim Buche, MSF President. Here is the exchange:

Peter,

Thanks for checking with me on this. We have worked with Brittany and continue to help as we can. Like so many, she is a very committed RiderCoach and she has a story of "choices" that few others can show and tell. Brittany is a great partner in motorcycle safety, you should feel comfortable working with her.

Thanks for all that you do to help our fellow riders.

Sincerely,

Tim

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 8:15 AM, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Tim,
Brittany Morrow, Rock the Gear used your name and MSF as endorsing her cause. Just double checking before I get involved spreading her message and the cause.
Is this valid?

Peter Morton
RiderCoach 126725
Dalton, GA

Last edited:

Superzoom

Her mission is stated on her website, basically to get motorcyclists to make intelligent decisions about wearing the right gear and promoting ATGATT.
Thanks for doing the fact checking. I'd still like to know exactly what she's going to do with donations.

Superzoom

Just sent her this message. I'll let you know how she responds...

Hello Brittany,

I'm interested in supporting Rock The Gear. But can you tell me specifically where my money will go once I donate it? What percentage goes to administration and what percentage goes to education? Basically, I'd like to know how the money is actually spent.

Thanks,

Rob

redwing-2001

Just sent her this message. I'll let you know how she responds...

Hello Brittany,

I'm interested in supporting Rock The Gear. But can you tell me specifically where my money will go once I donate it? What percentage goes to administration and what percentage goes to education? Basically, I'd like to know how the money is actually spent.

Thanks,

Rob
I was just about to do the same thing.