Roads in North Atlanta

rhnatyk

Got my FZ6R in April 2011 and have been scouting out good motorcycling roads in North Atlanta (I live in Brookhaven). I know there are many great roads in the mountains, but are there any good roads a little closer to Atlanta?

What are your favorites?

Also, if you're in the Atlanta area and want to ride, let me know.

sammy56

Got my FZ6R in April 2011 and have been scouting out good motorcycling roads in North Atlanta (I live in Brookhaven). I know there are many great roads in the mountains, but are there any good roads a little closer to Atlanta?

What are your favorites?

There are some decent roads in ATL to ride, but nothing like in the mountains. I live in Dunwoody and I can lead you through some fair local riding, but once in the mountains, you will not want to ride locally at all except to commute.

Happy to ride with you, but the next few weeks are out for me. Let's touch base come August.

LB

sammy56

What are your favorites?

Check out Birhimgham, GA which is between Roswell and Woodstock. Good sweepers for newbs to get comfortable on.

LB

raybob

Sadly, Two Wheels Only is no longer open, but you can still ride up to Suches. It's only 70 miles North of you.

Bob

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

rhnatyk

Georgia Mountains

OK, I've been to the Georgia Mountains now three times. Once by myself, once with my wife on the back and once with a friend on a Suzuki SV650S.

Hwy 60 out of Dahlonega through Suches and on to Blue Ridge (Georgia's "tail of the dragon) is truly a spectacular road. My wife and I really enjoyed that ride despite getting rained on and riding the road wet for 15 minutes or so.

We also drove into Helen by way of Dahlonega. Helen's a trip! There must've been 150 motorcycles there (mostly cruisers) when we arrived for lunch. Traffic through town is bumper to bumper, but the roads in and out were fine. We took highway 75 south returning and all I can say is "don't bother". Find another route as this one is very boring.

I'm still interested in riding with other FZ6R owners in Atlanta. Just PM me to set something up.

rr_double_rr

I'm in Suwanee, I'm sure you've seen me running around, I'm pretty sure I've seen you. Stock raven Fizzer right? Mine is the OTC edition (custom by a shop in L'ville). Hit me up and we can get together, there are a couple of roads around here that are fun to ride that don't require an hour one way to get to.

If you're looking to head up north this weekend, there's a crew on GSB (Georgia Sport Bike) where I am also a member with the same name, that's heading up this weekend. Plus, if you really want fun, without breaking any legalities, try Wolf Pen Gap. It's hair raising doing the speed limit.

Georgia Sportbike Forums

Create a name and login and look for me on there.