Rim Stripes

fstrthan_uthink

So I ordered the reflective red Yamaha Racing stripes from Dunstan Graffix. I put 'em on today and they look good. They weren't easy to put on though. I imagine stands would help a lot. Regardless, going down the road they look sweet.

arcflash316

I have been comtemplating getting rim stripes, but the only colors they had at the shop were like flourescent yellow, red and green, and plain white, I just can't find any good color matches for my yellow bumble bee.... Maybe the white wouldn't look too bad but anyone else with the yellow version got rim tape??

porky45

I just put mine on last weekend. Pain in the ass for sure. They are sectioned off in 4 different arc's however getting all 4 on at the exact same angle proved to be a challenge. I love them though.

cbzdel

I wish there was an easy way to put these on! I am very anal about having things PERFECT and everytime I see my bike I notice the flaws in the wheel tape haha! I almost want to have them professionally pinstriped with red paint :)

fstrthan_uthink

I wish there was an easy way to put these on! I am very anal about having things PERFECT and everytime I see my bike I notice the flaws in the wheel tape haha! I almost want to have them professionally pinstriped with red paint :)
I totally feel ya. The only reason I left mine on honestly was because a. it makes me more visible and from afar and on the road they look fine and b. I actually managed to get them on without ruining them (this is the first bike I've actually put rim stripes on). VERY thin material, and even thinner it seemed in the parts with the logo(!). Wants to twist and whatnot. Having stands and probably just a lot of practice probably helps. The thinner stripes may be easier as well.

UPDATE: I just called Orlando Yamaha Kawasaki they said they'll put them on for like $20 installed. :eek:

Gonna go do that then i'll post pics later today.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I bet if you laid the strips out on a table and used some scotch tape to hold them in place, it might make it easier to apply them so that they are straight and aligned with each other. Of course, you would leave one end free to go around the forks and the swingarm. When I get the chance to put mine on (had 'em for weeks already :eek:) I will let you know if that methods works.

cbzdel

I totally feel ya. The only reason I left mine on honestly was because a. it makes me more visible and from afar and on the road they look fine and b. I actually managed to get them on without ruining them (this is the first bike I've actually put rim stripes on). VERY thin material, and even thinner it seemed in the parts with the logo(!). Wants to twist and whatnot. Having stands and probably just a lot of practice probably helps. The thinner stripes may be easier as well.

UPDATE: I just called Orlando Yamaha Kawasaki they said they'll put them on for like $20 installed. :eek:

Gonna go do that then i'll post pics later today.
let hope they do a good job, if so I am gonna call around and see what I can find out haha!

fstrthan_uthink

They did a GREAT job. Looks totally professional now. I got the reflective red, but no logo. The stripes came on a roll and were made by Progrip. $37 was the total ($20 to put them on and 14.99 for the stripes + tax). I'm VERY happy with the results :D

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

cbzdel

Wow I need to ask around here myself!

FZ6Raven

I'm in toronto and i'm having a hell of a time trying to find the damn rim tape... my best option would be eBay? My dealer doesn't carry it. *shakes fist*
Yours looks great though... they did a good job

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in toronto and i'm having a hell of a time trying to find the damn rim tape... my best option would be eBay? My dealer doesn't carry it. *shakes fist*
Yours looks great though... they did a good job
Yeah, ebay is a great place to find the rim stripes. I think several of us have gotten them from the same person, Dunstan Graffix.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty crafty! I imagine it would work still for the larger stripes, you'd just have to make the hole wider to fit the stripes.

Heineken

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about what width to order the stripes, I'm thinking white reflective stripes ...... can anybody help?
fstrthan_uthink what width did you order yours?
I went with the wider ones. I don't recall the exact width, but there are thin ones and wide ones; I got the wide ones.

Heineken

Elite Member