Rim Stripes

gearhead

reflective red rim stripes

I ordered the dark red reflective stripes from Graphic Language off e-bay. They are 1/4" wide and pre-curved for 17" wheels. It is a pain to put them on, but if you take your time and drink some beers for patience, it is do-able. The first stripe on each wheel is the hardest to do :mad:. Here's some pictures.

Attachments

gearhead

The stripes appear crooked in the pictures, but they really are not. Also the red is alot brighter. It's kinda overcast so that doesn't help.

Heineken

Elite Member

nc_fz6r

Just put on Rim Tape

Got my rim tape from Dunstan Graphics last week and finally made time to put them on yesterday. I think I did a decent job...nothing perfect, but from a distance you really can't see the issues.

Don't know if you can see from the photos... this shade of blue was the closest thing Dunstan offered to 'Yamaha' blue. The only other options were a 'Carolina' blue and then purple. Still, it's noticeably lighter then Yamaha blue. I figured if he's going through the trouble of putting 'Yamaha' on it.. .that he could have at least color-matched. As it stands, it's acceptable... but just barely.

Oh yea.. put on the T-Rex Frame Sliders as well.... easy install, and they fit great. A quality product for $39.00.

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member