Riding Playlist

pfcreed

If you have a playlist and a bunch of songs that you like to listen to when you ride can you post it. I need to find something to listen to when im riding. I like almost anything and I will listen to anything at least once. I listen to country, rap, rock hell I even listen to Mumford And Sons, Classic rock too. I also spend alot of time listening to music at work so if you could post a song or your playlist so I could build my own. Right now im listening to a Perfect Circle -The Noose.

Wooster

I recorded what a TBR exhaust sounds like on our bike and I play that on my iPod while I ride. At least then I can pretend I have a cool sounding exhaust.

JSP

Super Moderator
I do not listen to music while riding. Too distracting. Exhaust and engine note is all I need.

Michael Wilson

I only jam out on long trips. In the city you need every sence you can get

RoadTrip

I listen to long mixed playlists, I start out mellow and trippy, then move to aggressive, then maybe some alternative or pop, then bring it down to some chill folk/rock types.

e.g.
009 Sound System
Eastern Sun and John Kelley
Hole
Guano Apes
Block Party
Muse
Gorillaz
Clash
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Metric
Grateful Dead
Neil Young

Here are some other bands on my current listening list:
AC/DC
Arcade Fire
Beastie Boys
Book of Love
Crystal Castles
Deadmau5
Fastball
Fischerspooner
Janes Addiction
John Mayer
Kings of Leon
Middle Class Rut
Nirvana
Norah Jones
The Prodigy
Rage against the Machine
Silversun Pickups
Theviolentdrag
Thievery Corporation
Tokio Hotel
U2
Drive soundtrack

Last edited:

pfcreed

Thanks Roadtrip, what are you using for headphones because my melon is so big soon as I slip my head in the helmet my headphones slip out just enough to make the music sound crappy.

RoadTrip

Thanks Roadtrip, what are you using for headphones because my melon is so big soon as I slip my head in the helmet my headphones slip out just enough to make the music sound crappy.
The Shure line of headphones fit real snug and keep out wind sound, SE215's are dynamic with more base, and the rest of the SE line are armature's which have excellent midrange. I use my SE425's (armature) on rides.

To really tack them down, I also put half a wax earplug called 'world's finest earplugs' in the top half of my outer ear then insert the earbud in ear canal and push earbud body into the wax earplug (outer ear) which stablizes and holds the earbud in place even better. I know it sounds nuts, but I can ride all day without gaps developing in the inner ear, it only takes a tiny gap to start getting wind noise.

I know the rest of riders here may think it's dangerous, but the seal is so good, not only can I not hear the wind, but I can't even hear the motorcycle, all I hear is beautiful music. I have to rely heavily on my eyes to keep me safe, but I ride backroads exculsively, so I don't encounter much traffic anyway. For me, the music is actually better at preventing tinitus (ringing in ears) than just straight plugs, white noise (earplugs only) causes me to have real bad post ride tinitus, the music keeps my ears occupied and I think that's why it helps with preventing tinitus (of course listining to earbuds for hours on end is prolly damaging, but I would rather have that than tinitus, that shit drives me crazy).

I also occasionally reach inside the face opening of my mounted helmet with a single finger and push the earbuds in deeper if the seal is getting compromised.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

pfcreed

the music keeps me mentally active about whats happening around me. The roar of the engine kinda lulls me into complacency. I use some skull candies but im going look into the set up that roaddog uses. That or just some plat speakers that go into my helmet. I did it with Pandora tonight and my service is spotty. but I got my trusty zune :)

guidobergamo

My delkevic screaming is music to me! But when I run fast on my mind playing King of the Mountain - Redline

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTGrwrNAUVk]TT Races 2010 Redline.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9NDvq4kRWc]King of the Mountain - YouTube[/ame]

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

pfcreed

I got some JVC marshmallows they do the job just fine, Im pretty happy with them.so far this is my playlist
Sail-Awolnation
wanted dead or alive -Daughtry
Bad Company- Bad Company
I Want You- kings of Leon
Heartbeat-Childish Gambino
Scary monsters -Skrillex
Take over Control-Afro jack
Meet me half way- Black eyed peas
Handle Bars- Flowbots
Lamour Toujours- gigi d agustino
innercity blues-Marvin Gay
Intentalo-3Ballmty
Whats your fantasy-Ludacris

MustGoFaster

I've only started recently riding to tunes. I avoided it at first because I thought it might be dangerous, nevermind the fact that it's illegal, but now I find that even on my short jaunts to work, it really enhances the ride.

I listen to damn-near all types of music, so I either just throw my music player on random, which is REALLY random, or I turn on Pandora. The stations I've got are ICP (yeah, yeah, I know a lot of you prolly aren't "down with the clown" but the beats are catchy, the lyrics hilarious, and they occassionally have messages) which also plays a lot of Kottonmouth Kings (don't smoke anymore really, but dig the tunes) and a lot of Tech 9 and other underground rap. My other favorite station is Shadows Fall, which also plays a lot of my favorite band Trivium. I've just got into Die Antwoort and that whole genre of weird-ass techno/dubstep, but my favs to ride to would definitely be metal, rap, and techno. The beats get me going on the rap and techno, and metal fuels my soul. Everything else is fair game though. :D

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member