Riding Pants

What kind of pants do you wear when riding?

• Jeans

Votes: 86 44.6%
  • Jeans / pants with additional armor underneath

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Leather / Textile pants

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Riding pants that cover your jeans / pants

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • I ride butt naked

Votes: 15 7.8%

• Total voters

deputydog

Well, I wasn't gonna post in this thread cause it was kinda old, but someone else brought it back to life. There was a question about the Bohn Bodyguard Adventure pants, which I just happened to have bought lately. The adventure pants are the standard lycra with pads pants. They fit very well if you pay attention to the sizing chart. Work well even under regular jeans. If they are too hot for your location, you can order the mesh style pants which look like they would be cooler. Haven't had to test them first hand for protection, but at least the pads STAY where they belong!:) Overall they are are really nice and work well under something like Dragon jeans or something along those lines for maximum protection without going to leathers.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

applejax

im looking into the icon arc textile pants, they are sized to fit over your jeans and have upgradable armor available. the legs also zip off into like surfer shorts lol. my only issue is im short and finding pants that both fit and provide comfort is not an easy task. i need a 30 waist and a 28 leg for them to fit the way the should.... regularly i wear 30/30 jeans because the dont make a 30/28..... i was thinking about getting 30/30 riding pants and just hemming them up but i dont know if that will compromise protection or not, and if the pads will sit in the right locations. You dont want your pads moving around and ending up with a shattered knee or shin...compound breaks would be the worst of that....does anyone have any input towards my issue or any solutions... perhaps it will help in this thread :)
I have the icon hooligan overpant. I took out the knee armor because i didnt trust the armor the pants came with staying in place. I use knox knee armor instead.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

applejax

that actually sounds like a good idea... but how comfortable are they?
i have these:

KNOX Cross Lite Guards (Pair) from SportbikeTrackGear.com

I find them very comfortable. Once you get "used" to having them on, you dont even notice them on your legs anymore. I sometimes i forget i have them on when i get off the bike to chill with friends.

During the fall/winter/early spring i wear them under my shift jeans with no problems and during the summer (yes, im an advocate of AGATT even during summer). i wear them under my hooligan pants.

b_who

Attachments

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Not sure how they would handle in a slide... Denim and cotton will disappear in an instant against pavement. Plus you would still need armor to put under them. Not worth it in my opinion. :surrender: Would be a great pair of regular jeans though... But not for an MC.

Detrich

Fire retardant and slide/ abrasion retardant are not quite the same thing. . .

Alex6

theres a company out there that sells pants made out of recycled firefighter water hoses.... im wondering how those would work out meeting the pavement.... theya re 100% water resistant lol...
They must be hot as hell and would not do much better than denim during the surfing on the pavement. And also - 0 impact protection.
Somehow we think on improving the protective gear only AFTER the crash, not before...

jpowell2101

Hey guys. First Post here. I just bought my brothers FZ6R. I have Joe Rocket Alter Egos and really like them so far. Easy to throw over your pants going to work or shorts going to the gym.

dekaliber

Just bought the Rev'it Gear Pants, a slim-fitting mesh/leather hybrid with a removable liner. Really excited to try it out once the riding season starts. Hopefully another month and we'll be seeing temps regularly in the 50s!

Tmak73

I only wear jeans if I am going within 20 miles but anything further than that and I put on my leathers. I would like to get some overpants to wear on some of those shorter rides though. I crashed once in jeans and escaped with only a few scrapes but that was just a fluke in my opinion.

Detrich

Just bought a pair of Sartso Midnight Blue Wave jeans and am having the inseam hemmed. First impressions are that they look & fit more like contemporary jeans- but with a little more flare with the vertical stitching across the anterior thighs... Noticeably higher quality, lighter weight, and more kevlar than my old Shift Torque Lowdown jeans...

richierich781

i wear slider jeans with icon leg armors all the time, the slider jeans are little baggy, and you cant even tell im wearing the leg armors.

Sparkxx1

I just got myself motorcycle pants and new gloves! NOW all I'm missing is boots and it feels too boss not to ride in full gear ;)!

By the way I snagged Rev'it Jerez Racing gloves for 10$....

And my cousin ended up getting a Rev'it two piece leather suit from them for 110$

What luck ;):smoking:

Last edited: