Riding Pants

What kind of pants do you wear when riding?

• Jeans

Votes: 86 44.6%
  • Jeans / pants with additional armor underneath

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • Leather / Textile pants

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Riding pants that cover your jeans / pants

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • I ride butt naked

Votes: 15 7.8%

• Total voters

GoGreen09

Funny how JoshF mentioned the Dainese store in SF... I ended up with 2 Drake Tex pants. When I started riding, I watched too many YouTube vids of guys going down so I opted to go with the pants. I got two because the pants got hot in the summer and legs sweat a lot. I needed to rotate. Now that I'm more comfortable riding, I can go out in jeans, but I always wear the Icon knee/shin guards. I still wear the Drake pants, especially now that it's cold, but if I'm in a hurry I go with regular pants with the knee guards.

JonKerr

Elite Member

JoshF

Man I wish I had the cash to buy all the stuff you're buying after I bought my bike. TBR exhaust, JB, and now full Dainese gear? I'm jealous! :surrender:
Going through my mid life crisis.

JonKerr

Elite Member

NYGirl

I tried ordering a pair of Scorpion Haley pants (Ladies').. waaaal I'm experiencing my midlife crisis also, which means I am no longer one of those pencil-thin gals.. These pants had a 3" zipper folks..When I sat on the bike my crack was hanging out! Oh yes they were quite sexy for motorcycle pants with armor, but I'm figuring how much protection could they offer if my crack was hanging out?! Sent 'em back. Right now, mid50 temps in NY, riding with polarfleece tights under my jeans. I look fatter than I am but I'm warm! Still looking for protective pants for summer. I guess that'll be my quest to stave off the boredom this winter!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I tried ordering a pair of Scorpion Haley pants (Ladies').. waaaal I'm experiencing my midlife crisis also, which means I am no longer one of those pencil-thin gals.. These pants had a 3" zipper folks..When I sat on the bike my crack was hanging out! Oh yes they were quite sexy for motorcycle pants with armor, but I'm figuring how much protection could they offer if my crack was hanging out?! Sent 'em back. Right now, mid50 temps in NY, riding with polarfleece tights under my jeans. I look fatter than I am but I'm warm! Still looking for protective pants for summer. I guess that'll be my quest to stave off the boredom this winter!
Did the pants have the 8" waist zipper in the back to allow you to connect your jacket to them? This would prevent your behind from being exposed. :p

You wouldn't need the full circumference zipper, just the short one to keep the jacket from separating from the pants in the back if you were to ever go down.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So it has been in the 30's here lately, so I decided to finally get some overpants. I bought the Tour Master Caliber textile overpants from NewEnough. The website said it would take 1-2 days to get them shipped out. I placed the order yesterday afternoon, and they will be on my doorstep when I get home from work tonight! :steve:

I have nothing but good praises for NewEnough. The people over there do an awesome job! :thumbup:

Roaddawg

So it has been in the 30's here lately, so I decided to finally get some overpants. I bought the Tour Master Caliber textile overpants from NewEnough. The website said it would take 1-2 days to get them shipped out. I placed the order yesterday afternoon, and they will be on my doorstep when I get home from work tonight! :steve:

I have nothing but good praises for NewEnough. The people over there do an awesome job! :thumbup:
I've got the same pants. They work great and I wear them everyday. It's been in the low to mid 30's in the morning and they keep me warm. Plus, my jacket (Tourmaster Intake) zips to it. I do wear long johns and jeans under the pants as well and without the quited liner in. No comlaints about them.

gearhead

Love the frickin' pic! LOL

NYGirl

Did the pants have the 8" waist zipper in the back to allow you to connect your jacket to them? This would prevent your behind from being exposed. :p

You wouldn't need the full circumference zipper, just the short one to keep the jacket from separating from the pants in the back if you were to ever go down.
Didn't matter... they were beyond immodest! LOL

gearhead

Funny that those who wear textile pants and those who ride butt-naked are tied in the polls (9.26%). Just a coincidence??? <----sarcasm (rolls eyes!)

After all, I know that I am the only one who rides naked here, and I get a lot of complaints.

Last edited:

vitrox

i usually wear jeans, gloves, helmet, boots, and leather jacket on the highways, but i have a 1pc suit, gauntlets, race boots, for racing.

image when i first bought everything, this was 3 years ago. :)

davidrosso

I usually wear plain old jeans for causual riding around town.

Anytime I go out for a "serious" ride I wear my fieldsheer leather pants that zip into my textile jacket.
I feel much safer in my leather, but they are just not appropriate for all the time riding.

FZ6R-HWD

It depends.

Hi,
Ironically, when I should be wearing the riding pants I am not and when I should, then only sometimes. When I am riding in the mountains I am always wearing riding pants with armor. I also ride with them on extended trips. They flow more air, do not bind, and are generally more comfortable then jeans. I highly suggest wearing the purpose built pants, leather or textile. Better then jeans all around.

Ed

Detrich

steve carrell would tell you that exposing nether-regions is nothing to worry about... :lol:

... I could take the overpants off at my desk and not have to worry about exposing my nether-regions at work. :rof:

FZ6Raven

Ummm... i'm a little shy so I don't go completely naked... I do wear a jock strap though! Love feelin the nice breeze running through the hair on my chest! (unfortunately I started losin the hair on my head around 18 years old)

In all seriousness though I usually just wear jeans.

DanielW0830

Jafrum?

I ordered two pairs of pants from Jafrum.com
one was textile (for hot days)
one was rain pants for cool days.

I've been in 30's temps and been very warm with the rain pants.

Each pair cost ~ $50. :)

JonKerr

Elite Member