Ride up to Bear Mountain,NY with R6 FORUM

Sparkxx1

Hey! I thought I would share this with you all. I met up with some r6 forum members and did a 200 mile trip up to and back down bear mountain. It was a beautiful day! Also today was my first...

-Time on the Highway
-Doing more than 60 mph
-Group Ride
-Doing Twisties

Here are 4 Craptastic pictures taken with my phone. Next time I'll be bringing a camera!

OH!:wav: When I got back from the trip I was staring at my fender(which I actually like on this bike :D) I noticed this triangular region that I'll be putting reflective tape. It's gonna look cool ;) I just have to cut it out right...:mikebike:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

interesting looking bunch, The guy smoking looks out of place in his race suit but hey man glad yall had fun and made it safely

JonKerr

Elite Member

See red

Lmao!!! The guy with the race suit and a smoke looks a little creepy in the photo.... like he should have a pedo bear seal of approval! lmao!!!!!

Sorry, that was wrong...

BWAAAHAHAHahahahahhaa....:rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof::rof:

sorry.

ook....... Im not, I am sure he is nice, but dam, your pic just......

ok, sorry.

Looks like it was fun.

NoDoze

Looks like you had a great time :) Plus you got some seat time on the highway and experienced a big group ride.

Fzara2000

ooh, i wouldnt mind riding with you guys again considering i'm in NJ (and a 25 min. ride from you guys). Let me know what their schedule is

Last edited:

rjsantana20

Ditto. I haven't done the ride to Bear Mountain yet but looking forward to it one day.

anson650

I live in Binghamton now but I'm from down that way. If you guys do it again post it or let me know, I'll ride down. There is a FZ6 rider in the 607riders group looking for other FZ6 riders. I send him to the FZ6 forum.
Anson

Sparkxx1

Lmao!!! The guy with the race suit and a smoke looks a little creepy in the photo.... like he should have a pedo bear seal of approval! lmao!!!!!
xD He was kool though that was just a bad picture. Anyways he will probably see this since he is part of this forum because he has an FZ6 lol.

bigguybbr

Wow! Went out on a group ride before even breaking 60mph on the bike. You have some big brassy ones my friend. Glad you had fun!

CrazyCawi

Exact opposite of the group I ride with. If you show up in jeans and a jacket, you're the odd ball. ;)
Kudos to him and also to your group, honestly if I could afford a full suit Id prolly rock one as well. But what I meant about him was that If you were to see him walking around at say the grocery store, I wouldnt have pictured him to be in a full race suit on a super sport is all, which is cool, not making fun of anyone. And by the interesting looking bunch part I meant like huge assortment of bikes, not just r6's. :iconbeer:

Sparkxx1

Kudos to him and also to your group, honestly if I could afford a full suit Id prolly rock one as well. But what I meant about him was that If you were to see him walking around at say the grocery store, I wouldnt have pictured him to be in a full race suit on a super sport is all, which is cool, not making fun of anyone. And by the interesting looking bunch part I meant like huge assortment of bikes, not just r6's. :iconbeer:
I know I was messing with you a bit, but we felt like wherever we parked the bikes, it looked like a dealership:D. It was awesome big group, enough for half of of to go fast, and a couple to lag behind to break in new tires, break in a new zx6r, and 2 noobs breaking in their new skills(me and a friend on his kawasaki ex250. When me and my friend felt like testing ourselves a little bit we would just ride behind the fast bunch, but we safely knew that the married couple was behind and and we felt secure. I loved riding with a group, god the sound of all those SS exhausts was thrilling enough taking off from somewhere :cool:

See red

Sounds like you guys had a good time, and glad you were smart enough to stay back, good self control on your part. I probably would have done the same.

Next time though, try not catching people in the most awkward position when you catch em on film. lol..

We don't really get to go in groups like that around here. Il. is flat, and most of the riders I have seen are the much younger guys wanting to blaze down expressways to show how "cool" they are :rolleyes:

I usually end up riding alone, but I also go for days when I get home to go.

firefighter57

I love the bear mt ride. I am from like 20 mins away from there and take that way all the time with my father. It is really nice this time of year but in the summer you have all sorts of whack jobs from the city and from other parts of westchester driving up there to see the views and it gets kind of scetchy when its that busy.

Id be down to go with you guys if you go again.

CrazyCawi

Sounds like you guys had a good time, and glad you were smart enough to stay back, good self control on your part. I probably would have done the same.

Next time though, try not catching people in the most awkward position when you catch em on film. lol..

We don't really get to go in groups like that around here. Il. is flat, and most of the riders I have seen are the much younger guys wanting to blaze down expressways to show how "cool" they are :rolleyes:

I usually end up riding alone, but I also go for days when I get home to go.
if you ever get close to the MN are south eastern tip is very hilly and beautiful, Id meet up for a ride in the area there for sure!