Retuning The FZ6 to its R6 Roots

Roaddawg

Do you need a set of 42mm 6R6 throttle bodies? I'm sitting on a set that I won't be using and you can have them cheap. If you are going to change the cam, you will need a larger intake.

The PC V is what I'm using and I can't wait to see my fuel economy. I'm almost at 300 miles on the tank and I've been goosing the heck outta this Beyotch....lol....
300 miles on one tank?!?! :confused: You must have the hybrid version FZ6R or one big aftermarket tank :D

pyrocpu

I wonder if it might be best to just buy a junked/crashed R6 (like an 04MY), then transplant the head onto the block. Transplant the wiring harness and ECM. I think the whole damn head is different on our bikes. Those R6s had dual-valve springs to handle the additional revs, bigger TBs as some have already mentioned, and more.

Other than the displacement being the same, maybe the block being the same (don't know for sure--don't quote me), and/or bore centers being the same, I'm not quite sure what's that similar to a yesteryear R6!

Yellow09FZ6R

I wonder if it might be best to just buy a junked/crashed R6 (like an 04MY), then transplant the head onto the block. Transplant the wiring harness and ECM. I think the whole damn head is different on our bikes. Those R6s had dual-valve springs to handle the additional revs, bigger TBs as some have already mentioned, and more.

Other than the displacement being the same, maybe the block being the same (don't know for sure--don't quote me), and/or bore centers being the same, I'm not quite sure what's that similar to a yesteryear R6!
A r6 is 599cc our bike is a true 600cc

Brock Kickass

I have the Canadian model, and I can't switch it to miles. I hold the button and it stays in KM. Drives me nuts because I'm close to the border, and have to solve a complicated math problem whenever I'm trying to figure out how fast I'm going in the U.S.