retune the de tuned

mchury

is there any way to retune the motor on our bike to get it back to the power of the r6? might be a stupid question but i would like to know

arcflash316

there is a thread somewhere about that topic... I think the differences are in the cam?? I am not sure but that would be nice to have the power an R6 has in our chassi......

mchury

there is a thread somewhere about that topic... I think the differences are in the cam?? I am not sure but that would be nice to have the power an R6 has in our chassi......
i was wonderin like if the only way to get more power to make it like an r6 is to get like a powercommander or is there certain adjustments that can b made to get more out of it

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
The difference is the cam, the head design and the intake to include the number of fuel injectors thus the ECU would also have to be swapped out of the R6. Given the design of both, it would take some serious engineering to make the intake work on the FZ6R.

You can get some decent gains with just the modded airbox, higher capacity flow air filter, after market exhaust and the PC V. Then take it to a pro and have him tune for your riding style, but more importantly, your altitude. A map created in FL with the same mods on a bike in Denver, CO isn't going to work well at all, nor would it vise-versa.

I think, after looking at it, the best and easiest gain would be to swap out the FZ6 98 hp engine and ECU for the FZ6R engine. :D

mchury

The difference is the cam, the head design and the intake to include the number of fuel injectors thus the ECU would also have to be swapped out of the R6. Given the design of both, it would take some serious engineering to make the intake work on the FZ6R.

You can get some decent gains with just the modded airbox, higher capacity flow air filter, after market exhaust and the PC V. Then take it to a pro and have him tune for your riding style, but more importantly, your altitude. A map created in FL with the same mods on a bike in Denver, CO isn't going to work well at all, nor would it vise-versa.

I think, after looking at it, the best and easiest gain would be to swap out the FZ6 98 hp engine and ECU for the FZ6R engine. :D
lol im not lookin to do all that im just lookin for a lil more power with out doin much i dont wanna spend alot of money nor do i wanna change the bike TOO much

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
lol im not lookin to do all that im just lookin for a lil more power with out doin much i dont wanna spend alot of money nor do i wanna change the bike TOO much
Just imagine though.... the 1st ever 98 hp FZ6R! :D :cool: :thumbup:

Craxican

a PCV and M4/TBR exhaust should put your HP at some where around 95 HP....that's not including the few HP gained by the high flow air filter

cbzdel

how about the R6 big bore kit :)

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
a PCV and M4/TBR exhaust should put your HP at some where around 95 HP....that's not including the few HP gained by the high flow air filter
I'm quite sure that you cannot add that many HP with those two mods... Based on that theory, the same two mods would put the FZ6 from 98 to 115 hp and the FZ1 to 154 hp. :surrender: :p

fstrthan_uthink

Yea that seems like a bit much :confused:
Dunno though, I don't have a PCV or exhaust :eek:

Still though 65 horsepower stock at the rear wheel ain't bad.

65hp/470lbs = .1382979 power-to-weight ratio

To get a 3400lb car to the same ratio, you'd need roughly 470hp at the drive wheels lol

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Yea that seems like a bit much :confused:
Dunno though, I don't have a PCV or exhaust :eek:

Still though 65 horsepower stock at the rear wheel ain't bad.

65hp/470lbs = .1382979 power-to-weight ratio

To get a 3400lb car to the same ratio, you'd need roughly 470hp at the drive wheels lol
I never looked at it that way and forgot about power to weight ratio...

So, the FZ1, the current mods and trimming I have done, the bike is at 474.2 lbs

@ 142 HP, the ratio is 0.2994517

Although, we'd have to reduce these with rider/gear weight. BUT, I can drop another 30 lbs! Free mod! :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

Craxican

according to many of the dynos, the stock bike runs at approx 64 - 65 HP ...according to a pcv dynos, the bike jumps to 82 - 85 HP (not including an exhaust mod)...if the M4/TBR exhaust is suppose to add approx 8% increase...you are looking at an approximation of 88 to 96HP depending on other mods and how good your dyno tuner is...so yes two mods CAN add that much HP, depends on who's doing the modding...hell just by swapping a few engine parts and seals you can PUSH an engine galore...look at the MIT guys that took an LS1 motor and tuned it to run the quarter in 10secs or less...and that was just fine tuning, NO new parts

A buddy of mine has a CBR 600 that he fine tuned and it slays busas...

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
according to many of the dynos, the stock bike runs at approx 64 - 65 HP ...according to a pcv dynos, the bike jumps to 82 - 85 HP (not including an exhaust mod)...if the M4/TBR exhaust is suppose to add approx 8% increase...you are looking at an approximation of 88 to 96HP depending on other mods and how good your dyno tuner is...so yes two mods CAN add that much HP, depends on who's doing the modding..
Tell ya what... you go do just these two mods and have the pro squeak ALL the HP out of this bike he can muster. Proof is in the results, right? My bet is this estimate is overly ambitious at best... for *just* these two mods. ;)

Craxican

ye of little faith...with the attitude of "don't try cuz it's not gonna happen" is why some are good while others are great

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
ye of little faith...with the attitude of "don't try cuz it's not gonna happen" is why some are good while others are great
Pardon me but I DID say try it. Some are good, some are great but these two mods and the greatest pro tuner isn't going to increase the HP of the FZ6R 30+%. Thus, I ask that there be proof.

I've been around bikes for 34 years... That is unheard of. :rolleyes: :p

Craxican

joloy133 is pushing 90hp...he did an exhaust mod (not a new exhaust) and a pcv...why is 6 more horsepower so out of the question when people tweak engines all the time? As for two mods "just two mods," i can do it in one...TURBO...just saying...i would love to show you...but i have an auto tuner...no dyno needed...plus im doing something else with the exhaust

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
joloy133 is pushing 90hp...he did an exhaust mod (not a new exhaust) and a pcv...why is 6 more horsepower so out of the question when people tweak engines all the time? As for two mods "just two mods," i can do it in one...TURBO...just saying...i would love to show you...but i have an auto tuner...no dyno needed...plus im doing something else with the exhaust
It was stated by yourself it could be done with the exhaust and PC V... Suddenly a turbo comes into the mix? I said "just THOSE two mods" meaning the ones you claim will get the bike from 64-65 hp to over 90 hp.

We have a TON of guys on the regular FZ6 forum that have done those two mods along with several others and the BEST gain we've seen out of that bike is a grand total of 9 hp added to stock dyno runs.

I just don't believe you can do the above with the two mods you've pointed out. It's impossible. I'll eat ALL the humble pie you can dish out if I'm proven wrong. :surrender: :cool:

Craxican

joloy133 has more than 9HP gain, that with his pcV and exhaust mod...and I said that I can get more than a 30HP boost out of one mod, a turbo...not a turbo added to the mix...don't know much about fz1, but i know that this was posted

Attachments