Retro Fit kit

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chaphil3

Oh okay. Well, I put silicone all around the hole in the reflector bucket, where the white rubber crush washer is, and after that is all snugged down, it doesn't move at all.
Ok well maybe I just didn't do it right. I gotta wire up some LED's so I guess ill take it apart when I go to do that. Thanks

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chaphil3

I used clear, and you won't see it because of the projector and shroud, so be generous, put a bunch in there.
Cool thanks, I'll give it a shot. I think I had white on the inside bc I didnt realize it was white until i started squeezing. I have some clear too so ill try that.

Chaphil3

I went for a ride tonight with my gf and the vibration was much less noticeable. Idk if it was the stiffer suspension (from 3 to 7) or if the silicone just had time to harden but it was much better. I will prob go in and add more silicone eventually but i'm not touching it for now lol.

short_guy

Put the kit on about a week ago and the bulb blew already. :( Anyone else have a problem with theirs? Also, does anyone have Nate's e-mail?

Thanks!

Chaphil3

Put the kit on about a week ago and the bulb blew already. :( Anyone else have a problem with theirs? Also, does anyone have Nate's e-mail?

Thanks!
That sucks. No I haven't had anything like that happen. Those bulbs usually last for yrs. I'll PM you his email

cavcuz05

Thanks!
mine is still kicking....huh...did you touch the bulb(glass part) with your fingers? Did you wipe it down with the alcohol swab

short_guy

mine is still kicking....huh...did you touch the bulb(glass part) with your fingers? Did you wipe it down with the alcohol swab
Handled it with latex gloves (powder-free) and wiped it down with the alcohol swabs.

Until I get a new bulb, I wonder if it would be ok to put the stock bulb back in with the projector still in place. I'd think the biggest issue would be heat build-up in the enclosed space. :confused: I'd hate to lose a week's riding, especially since it's just starting to get warm up here...

short_guy

E-mailed Nate and had a reply back in less than a couple of hours even though it was after the end of the business day. He's shipping out a new bulb free of charge tomorrow, should have it by Saturday. Big :thumbup: for the folks over at retrofitsource.com for taking care of their customers! You rock, Nate!

Chaphil3

Handled it with latex gloves (powder-free) and wiped it down with the alcohol swabs.

Until I get a new bulb, I wonder if it would be ok to put the stock bulb back in with the projector still in place. I'd think the biggest issue would be heat build-up in the enclosed space. :confused: I'd hate to lose a week's riding, especially since it's just starting to get warm up here...
I doubt it would even fit unless you got the h4 projector and not the d2s projectors. Different style bulb base

qnoisx

I'm a bit behind, but finally got around to doing this mod. Sadly I have the Gatling Gun 2.0 shroud and it will not fit inside the housing. It's just too big. I squeezed it in just to attempt to make it work and while it did go in, it's not aligned with the projector. So yeah, going to order a different shroud.

Does anyone know if the Ocular shroud is symmetrical? I can't really tell from the pictures on their website. If not I guess I'll get the GTi-R like the rest of you guys. I suppose I'll need to call them to order only 1 since there doesn't seem to be an option for that on the website. Well there's the parts bin, maybe that would work.

Anyways, think I might get some leds and install them in the "power crystal" while I wait for the new shroud.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

qnoisx

I was thinking about taking the Ocular and playing up the eyeball thing. Painting it to look like an Iris. Though really I guess it's shaped more to look like the Sclera, not the Iris. So maybe white with a few veins in it... Heh.

Guess I could get a couple different ones to mess around with. The E46-R looks really big at the base, so it could have the same problem as the Gatling Gun 2.0. Suppose I could get the dremel out and shave off some of the top of the shroud also.

Chaphil3

I'm a bit behind, but finally got around to doing this mod. Sadly I have the Gatling Gun 2.0 shroud and it will not fit inside the housing. It's just too big. I squeezed it in just to attempt to make it work and while it did go in, it's not aligned with the projector. So yeah, going to order a different shroud.

Does anyone know if the Ocular shroud is symmetrical? I can't really tell from the pictures on their website. If not I guess I'll get the GTi-R like the rest of you guys. I suppose I'll need to call them to order only 1 since there doesn't seem to be an option for that on the website. Well there's the parts bin, maybe that would work.

Anyways, think I might get some leds and install them in the "power crystal" while I wait for the new shroud.
Hey man, it'll fit. I have that shroud and it worked fine. I did end up using a little silicone bc it came loose the first time but it fits. Take a look at pg 13 on this thread. I have a picture there. I just squeezed it a little and then pushed it in and lined it up.

qnoisx

Hey man, it'll fit. I have that shroud and it worked fine. I did end up using a little silicone bc it came loose the first time but it fits. Take a look at pg 13 on this thread. I have a picture there. I just squeezed it a little and then pushed it in and lined it up.
So did you end up using the shroud ring? I have it in and can't get the projector all the way in. The 4 mounts already on the projector scrape on the shroud. Plus the shroud doesn't line up with the hole in the back of the reflector, it's a bit lower. I'll mess around with it some more.

Chaphil3

So did you end up using the shroud ring? I have it in and can't get the projector all the way in. The 4 mounts already on the projector scrape on the shroud. Plus the shroud doesn't line up with the hole in the back of the reflector, it's a bit lower. I'll mess around with it some more.
Yea now that you mention it I think I did end up shaving some of the inside off bc one of the posts would hit at a certain point. So you would prob have to take a bit off from the inside. Kinda forgot about that. It wasn't laborious or anything tho. Pretty simple modification and then I did end up using the ring.

qnoisx

Yea now that you mention it I think I did end up shaving some of the inside off bc one of the posts would hit at a certain point. So you would prob have to take a bit off from the inside. Kinda forgot about that. It wasn't laborious or anything tho. Pretty simple modification and then I did end up using the ring.
Sounds good, nothing the dremel can't handle. I went ahead and ordered a couple different "value" shrouds for $15. Going to see if I like them more before I put it back together. Also looking a some different accent lightning options. Thinking about getting some blue ccfls and trying that out. Guess I can get the wiring sorted out while I wait for that stuff to come in.

qnoisx

Okay, got my plan ready. I have a dual ccfl 120mm fan on order. I plan to make the stock reflector glow with the big ccfl and the small one will hopefully fit inside the tiny reflector on top. Depending on which shroud I chose, I have some other ideas in mind.