Respect your fellow riders!

DragonBlu

Went down to the only gas station in town tonight to get gas.It's also a Mini Mart so there are always a lot of cars and people around outside sometimes blocking the pumps. I go to pull in and there are about a dozen Harleys and a big crowd of guys and women blocking the entrance to the pump. There is no one actually getting gas. I slowly crowd my old pickup through the crowd trying not to piss anyone off,but aware that I am being a little pushy. Once up to the pumps I look a little closer and I'm like"OH SHIT" it's a dozen Gypsy Jokers and their ladies. Awfully glad I was being a gentleman tonight.:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:

24KMACH

Went down to the only gas station in town tonight to get gas.It's also a Mini Mart so there are always a lot of cars and people around outside sometimes blocking the pumps. I go to pull in and there are about a dozen Harleys and a big crowd of guys and women blocking the entrance to the pump. There is no one actually getting gas. I slowly crowd my old pickup through the crowd trying not to piss anyone off,but aware that I am being a little pushy. Once up to the pumps I look a little closer and I'm like"OH SHIT" it's a dozen Gypsy Jokers and their ladies. Awfully glad I was being a gentleman tonight.:iconbeer::iconbeer::iconbeer:
Some people believe in the superstition that cats have nine lives, because cats can survive falls from high places with few, if any injuries. This gives the appearance that the cats return to life after sustaining a fatal accidents. Granted, they may sustain minor injuries, such as bloody noses, cracked teeth, or a few broken ribs, but they live to recover.

DragonBlu

Some people believe in the superstition that cats have nine lives, because cats can survive falls from high places with few, if any injuries. This gives the appearance that the cats return to life after sustaining a fatal accidents. Granted, they may sustain minor injuries, such as bloody noses, cracked teeth, or a few broken ribs, but they live to recover.
I must be a little slow and your point is?

CrazyCawi

I think he had some medicinal tonight dragon, I dont get it either lol

JonKerr

Elite Member

24KMACH

Quote. "I'm like"OH SHIT" it's a dozen Gypsy Jokers and their ladies." You now have 8 lives left. Get it???? And I'm old. :beer:

CrazyCawi

Here you really have to watch what patches you see on guys backs. There's a lot of MC's out here, some are just riders who've to put together an MC and are perfectly harmless, but there's a lot of real "Outlaw" presence in San Diego. HA's, Mongols, Vagos, Diablos, etc... There's a HA's clubhouse just 200 feet from the Harley dealership close to here where my Dad gets all his Harley stuff, I grew up down the street from a HA's house. It's all over. I just wave to them just like every other rider on 2 wheels, and honestly, they usually do wave back, even to a sportbike rider.
the only time you gotta worry is if they have a 1%'er patch....

nlpyle

Hey bruce, small town and a big biker gang could have gone bad. Glad it didn't. Take care and let me know if you wanta go riding again. Maybe one day we shall see a real summer day.:)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DragonBlu

Could have been worst... you could have pull in on the 6R.
Yea,I thought about that one. I'm sure most of them are nice guys,but the only one I ever knew personally years ago was shot to death by his own people.I went to high school with his little sister.

RoadTrip

This is a real good reason not to ride up on, or attempt to pass cruisers, most are just weekend working stiffs like the rest of us, but you never know if you disrespect the wrong person - could end up badly. I just slow down and give em space, or even pull over and let them get a few miles ahead, so I can ride fast without running up on em. It's the polite thing to do even if they aren't a gang member, just cause some dude on a cruiser is slow doesn't mean he does not deserve the same enjoyment on his weekend as you do.

Of course ST bikes are fair game, run em down, ha ha - they're always trying to prove how fast they are (remember that snide dude in Twist of the Wrist II).

DragonBlu

This is a real good reason not to ride up on, or attempt to pass cruisers, most are just weekend working stiffs like the rest of us, but you never know if you disrespect the wrong person - could end up badly. I just slow down and give em space, or even pull over and let them get a few miles ahead, so I can ride fast without running up on em. It's the polite thing to do even if they aren't a gang member, just cause some dude on a cruiser is slow doesn't mean he does not deserve the same enjoyment on his weekend as you do.

Of course ST bikes are fair game, run em down, ha ha - they're always trying to prove how fast they are (remember that snide dude in Twist of the Wrist II).
Well said,give respect --get respect.

Detrich

pardon my stupidity, but what is a gypsy joker?

JonKerr

Elite Member