Removing stock Mirrors?

has anyone found mirror caps that would go over the stock mirrors once you remove them? I just bought bar end mirrors, gotta run to the store and pick up a bigger wrench to remove the ends but I hope it won't be long and I will take pics but will probably need help on how to post them. Computers are not my cup of tea, but getting better.

instructions are very helpful however the pics have been removed because the post is so old. any chance you still have them??

Pictures really aren't even needed.

Remove fairings next to the gauge plastics then remove gauge plastic piece.

You'll see the bolts for the mirrors. Unscrew them and enjoy!

Pictures really aren't even needed.

Remove fairings next to the gauge plastics then remove gauge plastic piece.

You'll see the bolts for the mirrors. Unscrew them and enjoy!

Unless they changed the design for 2012, I don't see a way of removing the plastics around the gauges without breaking them out of frustration. There are only two screws near the gas tank, everything else looks like it's underneath the plastic.

Last edited:
You have to push in the center of the plastic pins then remove them as well. If i recall there are 4 plastic pins and 2 screws but I will check tomorrow. I just replaced mine with Kawasaki ZX6 mirrors. View is adequate for me as i head check when turning or changing lanes. You can have the mirrors out in less than 10 minutes, its really easy.The plastic around the guages almost falls off once the side pieces are removed and pins are out.

You have to push in the center of the plastic pins then remove them as well. If i recall there are 4 plastic pins and 2 screws but I will check tomorrow.

Thanks for this tip, I will try tomorrow afternoon. I was trying to find a way to remove the pins to get to the bolts underneath, but couldn't figure out how to do it without risking damage.

removed my syock mirrors and put barends on. Wasn't sure how i felt about that at first but after getting use to using them and lots of compliments on the look I love them.

I'm trying to install the Kawasaki Morris on my bike right now and I'm wondering if I needed to buy the rubber boot if there was one on the zx6 or can you use the stock one or do you use no boot at all?

I have the bike apart right now and I don't know how the mirrors properly fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess to answer my own question it doesn't appear that the boot will fit or is needed like it is with the oem mirrors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back