Removing rear fender

longicolnus

Hey guys and gals,

Just joined the forums today because I am new to bike riding and have lots of questions :)

Purchased the yellow FZ6R and was really considering removing the rear fender and replacing it with this for example:
http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/info_7193.html

I was wondering if this would have any negative effects such as getting water on the back of my jacket since the fender isnt there to stop it? Has anybody done the rear fender removal and had any negative issues with it?

Thank you for the help :)

MikeN02

I don't think anyone has ever done a rear fender removal...

Ask Roaddawg he might be able to help you.

longicolnus

Maybe I got the name wrong,

I'm talking about the thing that holds the license plate with the rear blinkers on it and replacing it with the one in the picture

longicolnus

Ah, seems like you're being a little rude to me but no matter, maybe someone else can actually provide a useful answer and input to my question

Spunky99

longicolnus.....This is one of the first mods all of us do. It has been discussed ad infinitum.
MikeNO2 kindly provided all the links to the various fender eliminator kits that you are looking for. There are a lot of different fender eliminator kits for the FZ6R for sale.

you said "I'm talking about the thing that holds the license plate with the rear blinkers on it and replacing it with the one in the picture "

That thing is called a Fender Eliminator....That is what you linked to and what you want. Check out the links. There are a lot of options for you to choose from.

Good luck

PS...At least you got the fast FZ6R....the Yellow one:)

MikeN02

Ah, seems like you're being a little rude to me but no matter, maybe someone else can actually provide a useful answer and input to my question
Actually I consider myself to be pretty nice about this. Most people would just send you the link to the video of forums for noobs and what not and tell you to use the search button. I, on the other hand searched for you and hyperlinked it.

Now for the water on your back question, it depends on how deep of water you are riding in. For years everyone has removed the fender and hasn't had any complaints because they know the price of "cleaning up the bike". You get mud/dirt on the side cowls of the bike.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
It wasn't rude. Sarcasm does not come across very easily on the internet with only text as a clue to the intent of the remarks. He was just linking to all the threads that concern your interest in removing the stock rear fender and replacing it with a fender eliminator kit.

To answer your questions, though, no one has ever mentioned that excess water gets sprayed or splashed on the back of their jacket. I have removed my fender and ride in the rain and through wet roads all the time, and I never have to worry about the water from the rear tire getting on the jacket. Although, when you ride when it's wet out, you will get dirt and water all over the sides of the bike and your legs.

I hope this addressed your concern. And please don't take any offense to the remarks made. None of them were made with malice. :thumbup:

Last edited:

Mart Man FZ6R

Hey guys and gals,

Just joined the forums today because I am new to bike riding and have lots of questions :)

Purchased the yellow FZ6R and was really considering removing the rear fender and replacing it with this for example:
http://www.evotech-performance.com/acatalog/info_7193.html

I was wondering if this would have any negative effects such as getting water on the back of my jacket since the fender isnt there to stop it? Has anybody done the rear fender removal and had any negative issues with it?

Thank you for the help :)
Try using the search button next time.

Now see, that's rude :D

dannymac702

Move to Las Vegas and you wont have to worry about it. In almost 10k miles I still have never had to ride in the rain.:D:D

PS-- Competition Werks f/e is overpriced IMO. Wish I had done more research purchasing that set up.

Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

longicolnus

Hey everyone,

Thank you greatly for the input. I havent ever really used a forum before, I wasnt aware of the search function. I apologize, I read too much into it. At least you all had some fun at my expense, haha

Last edited:

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member