Removing Decals

F

FZ6R_Blue

Any tips on best way to remove factory decals. I have a Blue 09 FZ6R and i am curious how people have been removing theirs without leaving anything behind

Y

yellowfz

When I did mine I just pulled it off very slowly , they say you can use a Hair Dryer to heat them , I had some 3M adhesive remover from a earlier project and used it to get what residue was left off .

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

KenS

You can speed this process up a bit by using the hair dryer to warm it up, just a little, and then use some lighter fluid to take the decal off. Comes right off, takes about two minutes total and then wipe off the tank. Comes out beautiful, cleans the tank right up, and you can't tell there was a decal there before.

iSpoolin

Razor Blade to get the decal off then 3M Adhesive Remover to get all that glue off, its a little tedious, but probably the cleanest removle you will get!

KenS

Think we covered this in another post, razor blade is very tricky, risking nicks/scratches so be careful. I used the hair dryer/lighter fluid method as have many others and it's very fast and, again, you can't ever tell a decal was there. Quick, clean, and harmless. But hey, to each his own :) Please be careful with the blade if you choose that method.

Enze

Yeah i just used a hair dryer to heat up the decal and then grabbed a corner and pulled slow and steady. Then i used some acetone to clean off the left over grime from the glue.

JonKerr

Elite Member