Removing a KREEM kit

cavcuz05

Let just say i made a terrible mistake on my cushman gas tank... i put a kreem kit in it and when i took it to my PC/painter told him what needed to be PC'd/ painted...well they PC my tank and ruined my tank...this was about 6 months ago. when i realized the KREEM was bad after the baking process i called the PC back and they are out of buisness....my question is has anyone used anything to remove it...i saw online people using MEK, and aircraft paint stripper?

iSpoolin

Aircraft stripper works REALLY well, but i'm warning you now, WEAR GLOVES. I didn't one time, and it burned the shit out of me LOL

txjames

Elite Member

cavcuz05

Ive used the sripper before and i had gloves...no shit it burned through them...so im going to get extra thick rubber gloves that go all the way up...do you dilute it at all in the tank?

txjames

Elite Member

iSpoolin

Gloves AND a respirator, please! What it did to your hands, it is also doing to your lungs.

ATGATT... even when off the bike! :)
When I use it it's outside, in a big 20 gallon vat, I just drop what i'm stripping in it, leave it for about 30 minutes, then go and get it out and spray it with a hose, sometimes it does need some manhandling though to get the last little bits off.

JSP

Super Moderator