Recovered

fz6rwolf

Can't believe it but Providence PD then Pawtucket PD call about 10pm last night saying found my bike in Pawtucket and it's at tow shop. Pawtucket cop told me of course ignition gone (I found ignition on ground here), at turn signal broken and scratches one side. Not bad damage wise so not going to claim insurance. Said they found in a back yard but no arrests.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Fizzer6R

:thumbup: so they just wanted a joy ride or their deal to chop it down didnt go through...

AFDavis11

Recovered in a backyard and no arrests?

This would be why our society has so many problems.

I would suggest shooting an email to the local prosecutor. That seems really stupid to me. Otherwise, I suggest sueing the homeowner for damages to the bike and then see how it shakes out from there.

Just suggestions. I would proably just be happy to get my bike back and forget about the whole deal too. Although I would probably slit the tires of every car in the carport that night.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

Harda toenail

It costs way too much money nowadays to send peole to jail. Officers are more encouraged to write traffic tickets than to bring people in.

AFDavis11

Same thing happened when I recovered my stolen car. It was in the thief's driveway, but the cops had a good point. No way they could prove they did it...joyrider could have dumped it there to cover their tracks. Same with this. No way to prove they stole it, or the actual thief dumped the bike in someone else's backyard and made off. That's why suing won't make a difference either.
Yea, that does make sense, the first couple of times.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Crocop43

I'd sell it And get another.... I couldn't stand knowing someone handle my baby like that....it would be like someone screwing ur wife. But not that extreme

Spunky99

The happy homeowner's insurance might want to pay you rather than deal with a lawsuit. Just a thought...

fz6rwolf

Tow place wasn't open yesterday so today will go look and have towed to my house if only those things wrong should be able to order parts and do myself. If only ignition cylinder and turn signal looked up and couple hundred $ for parts. anything more extensive will tow to stealership.

XTRAWLD

Same thing happened when I recovered my stolen car. It was in the thief's driveway, but the cops had a good point. No way they could prove they did it...joyrider could have dumped it there to cover their tracks. Same with this. No way to prove they stole it, or the actual thief dumped the bike in someone else's backyard and made off. That's why suing won't make a difference either.
Will/could they not take fingerprints to get the proof?

em21701

Wow, Pawtucket police found something other than a Dunkin! I'm impressed. Congrats on the return.

BackBone

Sorry to hear it was stolen from you, but glad it was recovered. If you find out who it was that took it, let me know and I'll hold them down while you kick the $hit out of them. :D